Apr 6, 2020

Monday Update

Another week into this crazy adventure we all call life right now. Being a stay at home mother I never know what day it is but boy now I really really don't. I'm trying hard to hold it together. I'm tired. A tired that sleep doesn't seem to help. I'm frustrated. Fred's work is saying he has to work all week. Way too many people in the office on top of one another. So one week it's two days off. Now it's Ohhh you're too important to be off. Even though our Indiana governor today said it's getting serious and took more measures to button down businesses. I'm mad. I'm glad I'm not in the work force. I'm glad we aren't worrying about how the next bill will be paid like so many are right now. I get so sad when I watch the news. I started to limit my watching honestly. Trying to help myself. Deep breathes. We will be okay....somehow....sometime.

After finishing up March's 4 bottles from 99 Bottles Thursday. I started work on my blog hop/exchange piece Friday. I finished it up last night but you will have to come back Friday for the blog hop to find that.

I also pulled out a WIPGO challenge piece. When I was filling in my WIPGO board I picked some new pieces that I wanted to finish this year. Then when I got to the last few empty spots I randomly picked old WIPs that haven't seen the light of day in way way too long.

This piece was one of them...
 
This is from Rovaris. I'm using DMC 154 to stitch it. I started this one in January 2014. Worked on it again in March 2014. Then in November 2014. Then poor thing never came back out. So now I have 5 Days into this one looks like from looking back through my blog for it. Here it is after I added the 2 hours I wanted to for the challenge...
I'm happy to see this one back out again. WIPGO was the perfect excuse. Thanks WIPGO! Next up now if the April Fairy I think.

Stay safe and healthy this week. Find some way to stay sane too if possible. Yes I promise to work on that too. Today was just one of those days.

7 comments:

Carol said...

Sending you a big hug, Katie--I think we all have days like this one you had now and then even without the whole virus mess to deal with. It would be scary for me if my husband were to have to go into work, too. Luckily, he can work from home. It really is best to limit your TV viewing of the coverage and try the best you can to go about your daily life at home... Take good care now! ♥

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thank heavens you have a blog to track these older WIPs!
I agree with limiting the news too. It's only the same reports being rehashed anyway.

Julie said...

We only catch up with the news after our evening meal, we were struggling with overload. Taking time to enjoy other things that keep the mind calm and relaxed as best we can.
Sweet doggy stitch

Vicky said...

I just started working from home this week and I am way more productive (I am easily distracted LOL)and no longer catching public transport to the office is a win.

I love the dog stitch.

Astrids dragon said...

I know how you're feeling, I'm feeling a bit of the same thing. But luckily DH's work is pretty isolated, and I think they're wearing masks just in case. Are they wearing them there?
Sweet pup, are you going to put Izzy's name on it?

Rachel said...

It really is good to see some older WIPs appear - not that there's anything wrong with your current ones! But, like you, I believe these objects have feelings and deserve not to be neglected. Having said that, I've got quite a few from 2015 which haven't been touched since the day I started them. One day... :)

Faith... said...

I love this piece! Such a simple design that says it all; at least in this house! Hope to see it crossed off your list of WIPs.