Jan 23, 2012

TUSAL and 2nd Part of Weekend



Today is the first TUSAL. I thought I would explain how I do my Snip-Its (for my non stitcher friends the snip-its are those left over bits of floss when you cut the thread) a little bit. By my stitching table I keep this adorable little jar. My friend Kathy from Ohio made this little ceramic jar for me. I love frogs so she put them on there for me. When I have a snip-it (Yes I saw the escaped one after I took the picture haha) I throw it in here.




Then this morning for the TUSAL I put my threads into their new home my 2012 TUSAL Jar. The picture didn't show very well with them inside so here is my 2012 Snip-its so far. I had quite a bit extra since I had to frog so much of the snowman. Oh well haha.

I told you Saturday I went to my favorite store House of Stitches. Here is my wonderful stash haul from there. I got 10 pieces of fabric I needed. Plus 4 seasonal designs from Cricket Collection. When I see all these beautiful fabrics I can't wait to put x's on them.

The last picture I have to show you is a gift from my bestest friend. Amber has stitched before but not like us obsessed stitchers. I think I've rubbed off on her a little bit cause she started stitching again after a long break. Anyway she did me this beautiful dolphin and even decorated the frame. I will cherish this forever! Thank you Amber!!!!


12 comments:

Meari said...

I keep my snippets in a little container too, and I have a snippet bag that hangs on the arm of my sofa... lol. Plenty of containers for snippets at my house!

The blow bubbles piece is adorable.

Meari said...

P.S. Awesome stash! I just ordered some Krenik by mail from them.

Anonymous said...

Hi
Sorry to hear about your unsuccessful ISHW.

I love your snip-it container and dolphin picture.

Your stash is awesome!

Joysze said...

Such a cute snippet container. :D Nice stash haul and the gift from Amber is just beautiful!

SoCal Debbie said...

That's a wonderful snippet jar and the big glass jar is awesome! The fabric stash is gorgeous. Lucky you!

lesli said...

I am sooo loving your Snip-it jar! such a cute idea!
Look at that great stash you just bought...I'm jealous!! those seasonal designs are adorable...I must resist the urge to go buy them!

Berly said...

Katie, the dolphin is beautiful!! And I love your snippet jar. I have a couple of small ort containers and a large Ball jar with a rabbit lid on it when the little ones get full.

Anonymous said...

She should sell those jars I bet a lot of us stitchers would buy one or two haha I know I would!!

♥ Nia said...

Nice stash!! :D

Ziggyeor said...

Cute, I like your house shaped jar too. Ohh Cross-Eyed Cricket and all those lovely fabrics!

Anne said...

Lovely stash collection!! Look at those fabbys!!! Lovely gift too!!

Anonymous said...

The snip-it jar is awesome!
I love to see stash....