Jan 1, 2016

DUCJC Day 1

Welcome to my insanity better known as Debbie's Ultimate Crazy January Challenge. Everyday this month I'm starting a new project. I had Jeremiah pick from a jar. Here is today's pick...
Dimensions leaflet called Year of Whimsy. I've had this one in my stash for way too long. I searched to see if it's available for purchase and it said it's out of print I guess. I'm hoping to finish them monthly. I started on the January one today. I have decided to stitch them on perforated paper. Here is my progress...
We stayed home to celebrate the New Year. We had a movie marathon. We watched the Sharknado movies. So lame but I loved them. We hadn't seen the 3rd one. Loved it! Jeremiah stayed up and played Xbox with his best friend. We counted down and then we stayed up to count down with his friend since they were an hour behind us haha. So we were really tired by the time we went to bed. This morning we made a delicious breakfast to start the year right of monkey bread. It was a nice relaxing day. We watched a lot of TV shows off our DVR. We made lasagna and it was delicious! Tomorrow hubby is going to take me to Hobby Lobby. I have a few floss I need to grab. We had a few other stops to make and then I plan on hurrying home. Jeremiah already picked my project for tomorrow but you'll just have to wait till tomorrow night to see that.

17 comments:

Astrids dragon said...

I can't wait to see all your projects! I know I'm not that organized to attempt it, so good for you!

Meari said...

Good luck with the challenge, Katie.

Heather said...

Great start! Good job choosing Jeremiah!

Brigitte said...

Wonderful, how you started the new year: with a great breakfast and your first challenge piece.

Mii Stitch said...

Great new start!!! Sounds like you all had a lovely time. Have fun with the stitching :)

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

You have made a great start.I must try stitching with perforated paper this year!

Cross Stitch Claire said...

Very cute! Good luck with the challenge!

Tricia T said...

What a fun start! It looks like you'll be busy this year!! :) ~ Tricia

Linda said...

Awesome progress on your first start Katie.

Linda

gominam said...

A stitchy treat for everyday! I'll be waiting for your updates. Great progress on your first pick. Have fun at Hobby Lobby, lol.

Bea said...

Great first choice! you're much braver than me, but I'm looking forward to seeing your new projects.

Renee said...

What a cute start! My boys and I laughed our way through the first Sharknado show. We haven't seen the next two, but it was fun.

Maggee said...

Those will be cute finishes! I was pulling threads for a couple of projects for 2016, and needed some DMC. Went to AC Moore... and they raised the price to .42 each! Hmpf! Off to read your next post! Hugs!

Tiffstitch said...

Nice start and great choice to use perforated paper. I find that much easier than the plastic canvas.

Justine said...

Happy New Year! You're off to a great start. I hope we see more of these Whimsies in the coming weeks.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I ducked out of the challenge this year. Once was enough for me! Funnily enough, I've actually stitched three different projects on the three days unintentionally!

Shebafudge said...

Great start to the New Year. The designs in that leaflet look really cute!