Aug 23, 2016

August WIPocalypse

It's time for the August WIPocalypse check in. I looked back and realized I missed the July one. So I'll cover what I've worked on since my last check in which is the June WIPocalypse post. I've been very busy in that time span but let's see what I've worked on...

Year of Whimsy Leaflet -- 6 Days Worth of Work -- So far I've stuck with my goal of finishing them in the month they are due. Here is June and July all finished up...
 
I started the August Whimsy yesterday. Here is my 1st day of progress...
Elshire Family Crest -- 19 Days of Work -- The last check in I told my readers about doing a family crest for my Grandpa. It was a horrible pattern. I stopped after 1 day of work. I found a fantastic lady to do a new chart and it's PERFECT. I'm trying to focus on this one so I can get it finished and to my Grandpa. It's a big piece like a HAED with 20 pages. Here is where I am right now with it...
While working on it I need little breaks. So I picked up some DUCJC pieces too.

Tour Postcard from Summer House Stitche Workes -- 2 Days of Work and was able to finish it up...
Beach Postcard from Summer House Stitche Workes -- 1 Day of Work to finish up...
Halloween Mini's -- 2 Days to finish up the Pumpkin Face...
Christmas Treasures -- 2 Days put into the 2nd one of the 4...
Spring Bell Pull -- 3 Days of Work during the IHSW I was here on the R block last check in...
Now I got to here...
So I've been working on a little bit of this and that. 26 Days of no stitching in there too. So I can tell I'm still busy with camping trips and fun things. There is also a question with the check in's August – Topic:  Have you ever read any fictional books that involve embroidery?  If so, give us some recommendations? No I have not. I've heard there are some out there. I used to LOVE reading but that was before I found cross stitching. Now I spend my time crossing X's instead. Thanks for checking out what I've been up to. See ya in September!

16 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

Oh, nice to see how far you've got on Spring. And the crest is moving along, awesome!

Meari said...

Twenty-six days of no stitching? Hard to believe with all the show n tell you have, plus finishes!! I'm envious. I think I have a fiction paperback on stitching. You're welcome to it, if you'd like.

Justine said...

You've stitched lots even if you haven't been stitching every day! I love the Pumpkin Face. Can't believe we're only a couple of months away from Halloween.

Bea said...

You really realise how much you have done when you see it all together like that. Lovely stitching and beautiful pieces.

gominam said...

You've been busy. Despite your travels, you've stitched a lot of awesomeness. The Whimsy finishes are adorable. And that Pumpkin face, love it.

Preeti said...

You have a lot to show even though you spent less time stitching. All are looking wonderfull:)

Mii Stitch said...

My, you have been a busy bee :)
Love the pumpkin face!!!

Rhona said...

You have been busy and have lots to show even although you didn't stitch for so long! Love the colours in Christmas treasures.

Diana Stitching said...

The crest is starting to look really good x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

These round-up posts are great for showing progress. I really like the turquoise sandcastle and the awesome pumpkin face too.

Carol said...

Such a great variety of projects, Katie--I really love to see your bellpull growing. It is just lovely :)

OhSewCrafty said...

Spring looks fantastic! Lovely colors.

Brigitte said...

Wow! You have been so busy with many projects and made some considerable progress on them. And all of that besides being busy with camping and other fun stuff. Not bad :)))

Unknown said...

Wow that is alot of work!!!! It is all looking great!!!!!

Maggee said...

You are always busy, yet you manage to get lots of stitching in too! Great pieces, great progress, great finishes! Hugs!

Heather said...

Great progress Katie! I didn't realize the family crest was that large of a project!