Jan 15, 2017

January Gifted Gorgeousness

Today is the 15th so it's time to check in for the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL. The purpose of this fun SAL is to keep track of all things we either stitch for gifts or have received as gifts. I am going to narrow my participation a little bit because almost all of my projects are gifts from my mom or my hubby. They definitely feed my addiction to cross stitching haha. Anyway I'm going to post pieces I'm making for others and any pieces I have received from fellow stitchers as gifts to stitch. Hopefully that's clear haha.

So I totally missed posting since Sept last year for the Gifted Gorgeousness. My goal this year is to remember to join in every time. Here's crossing my fingers I'll stick with it.

My main project I'm stitching hasn't changed...
 
My Grandpa asked me to stitch our family crest for him. What an honor. But also what a pain. It's like a HAED. So 20 pages. Lots of colors changes. But so worth it in the end when that finally gets here. I have 3 pages finished! Here I was when I last posted for a Gifted Gorgeousness...
I've got that page finished and have been working on the 4th page. Here is where it stands today...
I really put it off last year. It sat for several months. So this year I'm forcing myself to work on it at least one day a week. The last two weeks I've worked on it two days both weeks so finally progress is being made. I would love to say I'll finish it before the end of year. Oh I hope so! We shall see.

I received two wonderful packages from fellow bloggers but I haven't started either one so I'll wait to share more after I start those. See ya next month on the 15th with hopefully even more progress. Thanks Jo for the push to keep working on it!!

12 comments:

Justine said...

Great progress Katie! I hope to post every month this year too. This is such a lovely SAL.

Kerryp77 said...

You've made great progress - 20 pages sounds like a mammoth task - the biggest I've done is 9 pages

Tiffstitch said...

Oh wow! That looks amazing! Especially the wording and the little sword, so cool. You could look at it like you're almost 1/5th done? and another page will be a 1/4 done, does that help? Your Grandfather is going to love this.. wow!

Bea said...

It's looking so good Katie. Such a very special, personal gift and you can see the progress you've made.

Brigitte said...

It's always great to see your progress on this project.

Julie said...

It's grown a lot, granddad will love this special 'stitched with love' project.

Mii Stitch said...

YOu have made great progress, your granddad will be so pleased :)

Renee said...

I love seeing your updates on this one! Beautiful work.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I am so pleased that I have been able to inspire you to continue with this piece, it does look amazing. Such a great chart!

Heather said...

Nice progress! Are you stitching all of the white?

Astrids dragon said...

Ah, so that's what it will look like when finished! It looks great so far!

Kaisievic said...

Oh, my goodness, what an utterly fabulous GG project - I wish that we had a family crest - I would so be stitching it!