Mar 20, 2017

Monday Update

Next month there is a fun Easter blog hop that Jo is hosting. I figured this year I would try to actually stitch something seasonal for the blog hops instead of using old photos. What perfect excuse to do a seasonal piece to display in the next years too. So I got to looking through my magazine stash. I fell in love with a few different pieces but one was just screaming Me Me!
It's from the Winter 2015 Issue of Stoney Creek. I just love their magazine! So I dove into my stash again to look for the fabric and threads. I had a perfect cut of 36ct Ivory Evenweave. I also had all the threads on hand. Just meant to be. I decided to change the blue Happy Easter words to a pretty pink hand dyed thread I have had in my stash forever. I think it will look okay. What do you think so far? Here is my two day progress on the piece...
Love it! The pattern gave an option to stitch the eggs instead of using buttons and I plan to do that. When it's finished it will go into the pile that needs to be sewn into a little decorative pillow.

Saturday we finally got time to get down to my family's to visit. We hadn't been down since Christmas. We all got sick. Then seems like we all had surgeries to take care of. Life just kept us apart. But Saturday finally worked out. It was a fantastic visit. Since my dad fell this past winter and ended up getting rotator cuff surgery. They told him it would be a 6 month recovery. He doesn't like to sit still so he's going insane. But he's healing nicely. He has work he wants to get done over at the family campground. So luckily Fred (hubby) loves running a chain saw. So we helped with taking down several trees and cleaning a pathway. Also got two truck loads of wood for the upcoming camping fires. It was a lot of work but felt great to help out. We also got to visit my Grandparents and that was really nice. It was a great laugh filled day.

Sunday morning here at home we took a little bit of time and got the winter decorations all put away in the garage. Now we have that just been robbed look haha. It's Spring today though so time for the snowmen to get some rest. As we all know the year will fly by and they will be back out soon. We've been slowly working on dusting and putting out our normal decorations. Everything is getting put back together.

Well I hope everyone reading this has a fantastic week and accomplishes all they want to accomplish. Our first day of Spring here in Northern Indiana is coming in with lots of thunder and lightning.

17 comments:

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Your Easter stitching is looking great.
Lovely that you were able to get to visit family and help out,sounds like a really good time.

Astrids dragon said...

So adorable, I'm glad it screamed at you!
It's always nice to have family time, sounds like you had fun.
I still have to pack my snowmen away, we still have a tiny bit of snow so I still have time!

Preeti said...

Your Easter stitching is looking cute :)

Justine said...

Your Easter stitching is lovely, though I'm usually not a lover of pink, I much prefer it to the blue on the chart.
Glad to hear you had a good weekend- sounds busy!

Julie said...

Love your pink wording, I prefer that to the one charted.
Family time is always so rewarding and lovely,

Mii Stitch said...

Katie, I love your new Easter start & think your change of colour is for the best. It looks so nice!
Glad you had a great active family weekend. Mine was lovely on Saturday (met up with Justine & went to a craft show) but Sunday was spent in A&E! Had a health scare but things are being looked after ;) Have a great stitching week!!

Tiffstitch said...

Great choice of new project and love the pink thread! Glad you had a great weekend too.

Rhona said...

Your Easter stitching is looking great! I love the change of colour for the lettering too.

jhm said...

My hubbie had rotor cuff surgery a couple of years ago. It pays to do exactly what the doctor says and when he says. The sling drove my hubby crazy but that and the physical therapy really helped him recover. Hope your granddad does well with his recovery.
Jackie

Kerryp77 said...

looks lovely, the pink works very well. I plan to stitch something too.

Aurelia Eglantine said...

That little bunny is adorable, and the design is very cute! I love the pink thread you substituted, it makes it extra bright and Spring-y and brings out the pink in the bunny's ears and cheeks :)

Stitching Noni said...

Love your Easter stitching - the pink is so much nicer than the charted blue - just like pink icing on the Easter egg!
Hope your Dad recovers quickly - it must be very frustrating not being able to do a lot. Sounds like you all had a lovely family catch up weekend :o)
Hugs x

blue star stitcher said...

Great choice changing the lettering to pink, and the bunny is adorable. Perfect stitching pick for the blog hop.

Meari said...

The Easter design is just so adorable!! Glad you had a good time visiting with family.

Melinda Forbes said...

I love Stoney Creek too. I think it was one of my very first subscriptions, and it is the only one that is still going. Sounds like such a wonderful time with your dad and grandparents. So special

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It's called Serendipity LOL Perfect design and all the supplies too. Love the pink thread you've used. Vickie will too when she pops over!

Brigitte said...

I agree, the pink colour is so perfect for the wording. Great choice.
You seem to spent a wonderful day with your family. I hope your Dad will soon be back to his normal self and be able to do all the things he wants to.