Sep 4, 2018

Monday Update: A Finish and a HAED Week

Last Monday I was able to finish up You are Loved...
Finish # 21 August 27th, 2018
You are Loved by Hinzeit
Christmas 2017 Gift from Fred
Stitched on 28ct Beige Jobelan Evenweave
Threads are Suggested DMC Threads
Started Dec 30th, 2017. Took 14 Days.

I'm so happy to have it marked off my YOW (Year of WIPs) list. I just need two more things marked off the list and I will be entered into the end of the year drawing for the YOW group. I will definitely have the Durene Jones piece finished for then. So I just need one more marked off. Wonder which one it will be?

After I finished that one up I heard my HAEDs (Heaven and Earth Designs) screaming Remember Us? So I looked through them and ended up having Jeremiah pick a number for me. First one he picked was Dragon Moon. Here is what she will look like again...
The artwork is from Nene Thomas unfortunately her designs are now OOP at HAED or at least last I checked they were. I hadn't worked on it since March this year. I put two more days into it and here is the progress now after 12 Days on it...
I'm stitching it 1 thread over 1 complete X on 32ct taupe evenweave. The sparkle doesn't show up very well in this picture. There is a lot of Kreinik blending filament in this one. What a pain but it looks pretty when it's in.

After those two days I asked Jeremiah to pick another number from my HAEDs and he picked Dragon Skies from Selina Fenech...
I'm doing it 1 thread over 1 complete x on 32ct as well. This one was from the lovely Justine and I hadn't worked on it since March 2016! I worked on it Thursday and yesterday. Here it is now with 11 days of progress...
I was so glad to get away from the Kreinik in the other one and yep you can see it in this one....it's mostly Kreinik in the area I worked on the past two days. So frustrating but again it looks pretty after it's in the fabric. I got 6 columns finished up now on the first page. Looks like I'm almost to the top of the dragonfly according to the artwork photo so that's good. I glanced ahead and several of the pages are just B5200. What a boring page that will be. But I will LOVE it once I get to that beautiful fairy and dragon!

Over the weekend we went up to our friends house in Michigan. It was just the 4 of us (Jeremiah decided to stay home and have an Xbox weekend) and it was forecast to be HOT and rainy. So we asked them if we could stay in their old camper instead of bringing our tent. Boy I'm glad we did. The weather was horrible. We even had a tornado touch down 6 miles away from us. We had fun but so glad to be home in the AC again. We didn't do much at all. We spent Saturday shopping at several fun places and 2 breweries instead of kayaking which I'm glad we did with all the lightning that ended up being in the area. It was a fun relaxing weekend with great friends at least along the Kalamazoo River...
I hope everyone has a great week. As always I feel overwhelmed with all I need to do. Hopefully though I can squeeze in some X's. Hope you can too!

10 comments:

Faith... said...

Congratulations on your finish! It looks fabulous. I think I see a HaED theme of Dragons here... and WOW that is a LOT of Kreinik! Looks like another fun weekend and what luck that you didn't have to sleep in the tent. Thank goodness you were far enough away from the tornado to miss it!

Astrids dragon said...

It looks great! Do you know how you'll finish it?
Your HAED are coming along nicely, I know the Kreinik is a pain, but so worth it!
That sounded like a scary weekend, I guess Jeremiah was smart to stay home! ;)

Brigitte said...

Your finished piece looks gorgeous. And wow, you made some great progress on both your HAED projects. The Kreidig is always a pain to stitch with but your are right - the result is worth it.
Good that the tornado didn't get nearer when you spent that weekend at your friends' place. This sounds really scary.

Rhona said...

What a great finish! Great progress on the HAED and well done for using the kreinik....such a pain to use but the finished result is well worth it.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the Happy Dance for You Are Loved - awesome finish!
Nice HAED designs, but pages of white? That's what background fabric is for LOL

Sasha said...

Yay! Happy finish! That's quite an accomplishment. Way to go!

Preeti said...

Congrats on the great finish! Good progress on your HAEDs.

Bethan said...

Congratulations on your finish! I think Dragon Skies is my favourite of your HAEDs, but great progress on both! x

Julie said...

Super finish, a lovely gift from hubby to you

Rachel said...

I admire your patience with Kreinik, and agree it does produce fantastic results, but even thinking about it makes me start twitching! Great progress o n some long-neglected pieces. :)