Oct 26, 2018

October Smalls SAL/Finish to Report

Today is the last Friday of the month which means it's time for a Smalls SAL check in. The idea of this fun SAL is to stitch something small each month. I started a few years ago and decided to pick monthly designs to stitch all year. This year I picked the Durene Jones Calendar series. I only missed getting one month done by a day and actually it was just the finishing part. So I'm really proud of myself this year. This month seemed to fly by since I've been so busy so I just got a chance to start the October design on the 22nd. I admit I was worried I wouldn't get it finished in time for this post. But guess what...
(Finish #24) October 25th, 2018
October from Durene Jones Calendar
Freebie available on her FB Group
Stitched on 14ct Ecru Aida
Threads are suggested DMC
Started Oct 22nd. Took 4 Days.

Wohoo got it finished up yesterday. Now I'm back to working on the October Snapshot which is the last one I need to finish to complete last year's Smalls SAL pick the Pine Mountain Snapshot series. I hope to be back soon to celebrate another finish. Stay tuned.

15 comments:

Rachel said...

Yay for another finish, another finish-finish, AND for getting it stitched up on time! Only two more months to do now. Have you decided if you will be stitching another monthly series or something different for the Smalls SAL next year?

DJ said...

Look at you go!! This is such a cute pattern! And you did a lovely job finishing it too. Looking forward to seeing what you'll stitch next month!

Astrids dragon said...

Adorable, I love October! He reminds me of one of my little monkeys!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your little finish, so cute. Happy stitching

Katie said...

@Stitching Angel: Thank you very much.

Julie said...

Your collection of these is superb Katie, this little pumpkin is a great addition, I've loved seeing each one this year.

Claudette497 said...

It's adorable - what a great finish!

Carol said...

You've done an amazing job with this series this year, Katie--I do love this latest pumpkin cutie :)

Faith... said...

What a cute pumpkin! Each month is cuter than the previous one. Great job and congrats on your finish!

Mary said...

I have enjoyed watching stitch this series. It is such a cute finish.

Bethan said...

Yay to another finish. This series is so cute! x

Michele Stravato said...

So very cute!

Kaisievic said...

Great work on both the stitching and the FFOing.

Kaisievic said...

Very sweet!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work on the October cutie. I'm also curious about next year's Smalls theme!