Oct 9, 2018

The People Choose

The wonderful Jo has done it again. She is hosting a blog hop/blog SAL on the first Saturday of every month. Stop over to her blog to see more about it. She is posting the themes ahead of time. I will add them to the right side of my blog too. Each month will have a one word theme. We are to make a post about the word. Whatever we see fits. So far the themes picked are...

October -- Halloween
November -- Birthstones
December -- Dragons

Can't wait to see what we pick next. I think it will be fun to join in when I have a chance and I have a chance right now. So let's see what I can come up with for Halloween...

Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year. I love scary movies. I love the decorations. It's just fun! So I also love Halloween stitching. But I don't do it enough. I want to change that. This month I'm trying really hard to stick to Halloween stitching for the month of October. Here is my pile of WIPs for the month...
Halloween Sampler from Frosted Pumpkin, Halloween Minis, October Snapshot, and the October Durene Jones Calendar. I had an Erica Michael Petite Halloween piece picked out but I'm just not going to get to it this year so I've took it off my list for this year. So let's see where I am on these pieces right now...

Frosted Pumpkin I have finished up the border and 3 of the blocks inside. I got a teeny amount of progress on the 2nd L block at my stitching retreat in PA recently. I'm really hoping to finish this one this month. We'll see.
Halloween Minis. I have 2 of these finished of the 8 I want to do. I am working on the Vampire Face now. I got a lot of progress while traveling to and from the retreat. I finally got the white in and started on the other colors now.
The October Snapshot is the last one of the series I need to finish up. I got a teeny start at the retreat. I literally only got the border of the first block done haha. On vacation though I got a little of the witch added too in the first section. I'm planning on working on this one for awhile now that I'm home and ready to get back to stitching full time instead of being a tourist haha.

The Durene Jones piece I haven't got started yet but I need to so it can take it's place on my shelf unit that I love making monthly displays on...
You can see 3 other Mill Hill pieces I have done on my shelf already from years past. I need to get the October Durene piece done so I can put September away.

I also wanted to share with you the gifts Astrid gave me while she was visiting us in Gettysburg...
She said she wondered if we had run out of Hershey treats yet? Of course we always will accept more chocolate and how about that cute basket!! Plus she made me this BEAUTIFUL Halloween scissor fob. How cool!!! So those definitely fit the Halloween theme and needed to be shared.

I'm off to work on the Snapshot more. I hope to have more progress to show soon.

12 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the first ever People's Choice!
Love your spooky stitching and the great display corner too.
Will you have Hallowe'en in the cabin this year?

Bethan said...

Great stitching! I don't tend to stitch seasonal things, but I am getting inspired by this SAL this month. Lovely gifts from Astrid x

Rachel said...

Glad you joined in this SAL, especially as you are stitching only Halloween projects during October. Good luck with getting back into stitching now that you have returned home - you have lots of lovely projects needing lots of attention. I wonder which one will surface first. :)

Claudette497 said...

What fun projects!

Preeti said...

Nice Halloween projects! You have got so many WIPs to keep you busy.

Julie said...

Plenty of Halloween designs to keep you busy this month, nice WIP's.
Love the Halloween shelf, that looks so cool.
The scissor fob from Astrid is lovely.

Meari said...

Nice progress on your Halloween WIPs, Katie. Looking forward to seeing what you finish up during the month.

Faith... said...

Love those Halloween Minis, they are super cute! All your Halloween stitching looks great and I love the scissor FOB from Astrid!

Astrids dragon said...

Oh yes, you have plenty to keep you busy for October! Ok, Dracula is looking more like Dracula now.
Your shelf is sweet, plenty of room to add more Halloween goodies!
Is the candy all gone yet?

Brigitte said...

These are great Halloween WIPs and I think there is enough choice so that you won't get bored with them. Jo's idea is so nice again and there will be lots to see on the blogs.

Carol said...

Love seeing your Halloween stitching, Katie--that Frosted Pumpkin piece is so sweet :) I am not a scary movie fan--I have to leave the room or cover my eyes and ears if a commercial even comes on the TV for one!!

Ariadne said...

So many Halloween wips. Not the same here, thank God. I finished my first and last Halloween sampler!AriadnefromGreece!