Dec 14, 2018

2018 Advent Blog Hop

The wonderful Jo has done it again. She always hosts the best blog hops. This time of year is time for the Advent Blog Hop. Go over to her blog and you will find the post with all the different doors listed. If you follow the doors you will enjoy quite an adventure. So many neat blogs to discover. This year we are sharing a piece we have a stitched and also a favorite Christmas song. I've really enjoyed all the posts so far. So many songs I had never heard before.

You have found my assigned door number 14. Guess what? I was able to finish a new Christmas cutie to share with you just in time.
(Finish #31) December 11th, 2018
Snowman Ornament from Durene Jones
Stitched on 28ct Lt Blue Jobelan Evenweave
Threads are Suggested DMC
Started Dec 3rd. Took 7 Days.

Another finished finish too. Wohoo! I will tell ya this little thing was really hard to get a good photo of. There are two different snowmen but they both just didn't want to show up at the same time in a good clear photo. I'm also very happy to say I made my first tassel too. I have 2 more of these Durene Jones 3D ornaments but they will probably wait till after Christmas. I have other things calling my name right now. First up is my last Durene Jones Calendar for December. I started it yesterday. 
Now to my favorite Christmas song. I'm picking...

This one is Bing Crosby's I'll Be Home For Christmas. I have so many but this song has a lot of meaning for me. My Grandfather (who has been gone for 9 years now) used to LOVE singing this song. He was a beautiful singer and actually sounded just like Bing Crosby. This song meant a lot to him since he was in WWII during Christmas one year. You could tell the lyrics just meant so much to him. I loved hearing him sing it.

Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy the rest of the Advent Blog Hop. Have a Merry Christmas or very Happy Holidays whatever you celebrate.

23 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Katie wow this decoration is amazing ,you are very clever my friend,well done on your beautiful finish .

Rachel said...

Congratulations on your finish; he looks great and I'm waving right back! Can't wait to see your next Christmas project, especially as I've no idea what it might be. Hope Christmas planning is not getting in the way of stitching too much! :)

Carol said...

Oh, that turned out SO cute, Katie! You are such a quick stitcher and finisher!! I love that song, too, but it always makes me teary eyed--especially on the years all of my sons aren't home with us.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar Blog Hop this year. I am so glad that I gave you time to produce this lovely little ornie. Looking forward to seeing the other two now.
Another great song for us all to listen to.

Julie said...

Huge congratulations on completing this stunning finish, it's wonderful.
A lovely song choice
Xx

FlashinScissors said...

Oh, well done Katie! A lovely finish ..... and a tassel too! It’s a really cute ornament!
Lovely song and memory!
Hugs,
Barbara x

DJ said...

Look at you go!! That's an adorable ornament, and your tassel looks great! That is so cute! Bing Crosby sure can croon a tune, can't he? All these songs sure put me in the Christmas mood! I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and all the best in the New Year!

Elfie said...

Your snowman ornament looks great, and you have chosen a wonderful Christmas song. Merry Christmas.

Mary said...

You are a quick stitcher and what a great cube finish!! Very clever! I love Bing's Christmas singing too!

rosey175 said...

Ahh, I think Bing Crosby's version of this song will always be my favorite. How neat that your Grandpa sounded like him too! Love your little ornament as well. 3D stitches always fascinate me!

RJ said...

Love your snowman ornament Katie. He is so cleverly done. You did a great job. Oh yes I love "I'll be home for Christmas" by Bing Crosby. We had his Christmas album when I was small and we played it all the time. That's amazing that your Grandpa sang just like him. My very favorite movie Bing is in ... it is called "The bells of St. Mary" and Bing is great in it. Have a great Christmas. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Claudette497 said...

Wow you stitched that fast! He looks adorable and the tassel came out really nice too!

Astrids dragon said...

Perfect timing, what an adorable finish! I might have to look into that one.
Ah, Bing, great song. What a lovely memory to have of your Grandfather singing it.

Leonore Winterer said...

What a cute finish, and such a great song too!

Shirlee said...

What a lovely ornament! I've never heard of that designer so I'm going to have to look him up : ) That is also a lovely memory you have of your grandfather.

Christine said...

Lovely stitching and a great song

Faith... said...

I love your ornament and how you assembled it! You did a great job on it, congratulations. What a great song and memory of your grandfather.

Mary's Thread said...

That's a super cute snowman ornament! And I am also a fan of Bing Crosby! Merry Christmas!

Sheryl said...

A lovely Christmas ornament Katie, and I like the song too.

Ariadne said...

Oh you finished it and it looks lovely! I too have put a Bing Crosby song but I love yours too. My dad loved him too. AriadnefromGreece!

Beth in IL said...

That is the cutest little ornament! Thanks for sharing it.

Mouse said...

what a cute ornament … and how nice to have such lovely memories too, love mouse xxxx

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

That's a lovely 3D finish. It's makes a song more heartfelt when such loving memories are associated with it.