Jan 14, 2019

Monday Update

My Monday to-dos are finished. This post is the last thing I need to do before I can get busy stitching on the Sea Turtle Mill Hill SAL with Amanda from Cross Stitch Angel. So let's get this posted.

Last week was another great stitching week. I love these winter stitching months!! I showed you my progress on the Dragon Eye WIP from Monday and Tuesday already. Then Wednesday I got started on the Lizzie Kate January Flip-It Stamp. Guess what...
Finish #2 January 12th
January Lizzie Kate Flip-It Stamp
Stitched on 14ct Oatmeal Aida
Threads are Suggested DMC
Started Jan 9th. Took 4 Days.

It's another finish! Plus Rachel it's another finished finish. WOHOO! 2 for 2 right now. By the way the snowman shows up better in person. White on Oatmeal doesn't photograph well I noticed. I think it looks great on my shelf unit I'm trying to decorate for each season. I told Mom I was going to steal her Nautical January pillow for the picture and she said No haha. Anyway here is my shelf right now all decorated for January...
Sunday I put another day into Wish Upon a Starfish...
For those who happened to catch my YOW list grew to 50 haha. Let me explain I had 2 pieces that we haunting me wanting to be added to the list for my focus pieces this year. I wasn't about to have 42 pieces on my list haha that didn't seem rounded enough. Plus I will have 24 finished pieces if I finish only the two monthly sets. So if I had 50 things on my list I would have to finish 25 to call it a successful YOW (Reminder the goal is to finish at least half your list by December). So that's totally achievable. I also noticed a few others in the YOW challenge used the Under the Sea SAL each section as a WIP. So I spread those out to 5 WIPs instead of 1. Added Ocean in a Bottle, Salt Water Taffy, 2 more Durene Jones 3D Oraments like the one I finished before Christmas, and 2 Hinzeit Tiny pieces I got at the PA Retreat in an exchange. So that made it an even 50 and I was finally happy with my list. I got the album uploaded to the Facebook group before the 18th deadline and I'm ready to mark off those WIPs!!! So hopefully no more pieces will haunt me. They will have to wait till next year's YOW list. Thanks for following along with my insanity haha.

Saturday we ended up getting 4 inches of snow. Better than getting missed like what happens most time for me. I'm a snow lover. It's just beautiful outside. Supposed to be coooold all week so we are staying inside safe and warm. Sounds good for my stitching time. So I'm a happy girl. Plus we got some good news this morning. Fred (hubby) got time off approved for our end of April vacation we are taking and he got a bonus. So that will be unaccounted for money to put toward our vacation. Double Wohoo!!! It's a good day and hopefully a great week. Hope everyone reading this gets some good news too. We all need it every now and then don't we? Have a great week!

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Never mind WIPs, FFOs and YOWs, it sounds like you had a week of wohoos! Looks like your April vacation is going to be even better than anticipated!
Congrats, of course, on the LK stamp. It's a great addition to the shelf, even in the absence of the nautical pillow (is it really a year since you stitched the little squirrel?!)
As for your YOW list... good luck! You've still got 3 more days to make it even longer though... any advance on 50 (plus 13)?! ;)

Pam said...

Congratulations on your finish! I love your display. WOW 50 YOW. I have faith in you thought. Your needles seem to fly. Happy Monday!

Cathy said...

Congratulations on finishing both January smalls in January! Good luck on your YOW.

StitchThrifty said...

Congrats on that fully finished adorable snowman.
Your snowman shelf is pretty and will bring you cheer, even when you don't have the pretty white stuff. Which I am totally jealous...ours washed away by Sunday morning. That list!! It makes me have to take deep breaths and look for a paper sack!! Just kidding, but I am glad it is your list not mine! However I look forward to seeing each and every one of those accomplishments! I love the starfish and you really made good progress. That is fabulous about vacation and the bonus. Every one does need good news and good fortune. I am sure that is good karma from all your kindness and joy that share. Hugs to you.

Sasha said...

Oh, I just love the colors in that starfish. Great job with all the progress!

Faith... said...

Quick stitching on that LK Stamp and it is an FFO! Congrats on that!! Love your little monthly display.

Great progress on your Starfish. Enjoy your snow and your unexpected addition to the vacation fund! That is always a big help.

Astrids dragon said...

Sweet snowman, he's found the perfect home!
Great progress on your Starfish, it's coming along nicely.
We were supposed to get 4", but ended up getting just under 10"! I'm loving it.
Do you already have your vacation plans?

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

Wish Upon a Starfish! I'm loving it! I just know that will get more love and possibly finished by the end of the year!

Julie said...

The shelf looks so pretty. Mr Snowman turned out beautiful, he looks right at home on the shelf.
2 more projects added to the list LOL