Feb 15, 2019

February Gifted Gorgeousness

Today is the 15th of the month which means it's time for a Gifted Gorgeousness Post. The idea of this blog event is to share things we have received as a gift or are stitching as a gift. It's always wonderful to see how fortunate we all are. Also how giving the stitching community is. I love the blogging/stitching community. Look at the fun Blog Hop yesterday for example. So much fun.

So let's look back till January 15th and see what fits for this post.






Salt Water Taffy by Joan Elliott is a piece that my mom got me for Christmas in 2016. I really hope to have it finished this year. Here is where I got on it after January's IHSW...
Beer Dragon by Paine Free Crafts is a gift for my hubby. This is where it was for the December Gifted Gorgeousness update on it since I forgot to update in January...
Here I am now with this one...
Bad photo with how cloudy it is today but it will have to do for now.

I have also finished up the February pillow for my Mom from the Sand, Sea & Cross Stitch book Nautical set...
I was lucky enough to have won a giveaway on Maggee's blog for this adorable biscornu chart...
I can't wait to stitch it up. Hopefully I will have it on display for Springtime this year. Need to get some lime fabric for it. I don't think I have any the right count.

This weekend is IHSW (International Hermit Stitch Weekend). The idea is to warn your family. Get out your stitching and stitch the weekend away. I have some plans but hopefully I will also get some stitching time. I'm going to work on Ocean in a Bottle for the weekend...
I haven't worked on it since August 2018 so time to get back at it. Here is where it was when I picked it back up...
Getting close to a page finish. So we'll see how much time I can squeeze in. Have a great weekend. See ya Monday with an update.

17 comments:

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

Thank you for reminding me it's IHSW!!! I love the nautical patterns you have and am confident I have gushed about that before ha, ha!

Ariadne said...

Oh yes please work on the Ocean in a bottle. I love it. AriadnefromGreece!

DJ said...

What lovely stitching!! I particularly like the Ocean in a bottle!! I can't wait to see how your biscornu turns out...I was so afraid to make my first one, then when I did and realized how easy they were to finish, I've made lots since then!! It's an adorable pattern!! As always, your stitching is lovely!

Pink Rose said...

Hi Katie you always do such beautiful work,well done my friend and i hope you have a lovely day xx

Faith... said...

Lots of great progress on everything especially Beer Dragon!

Rachel said...

Lovely gifts! So glad to see the tranquil Ocean In A Bottle appear again. I'll more than eagerly await your IHSW update! :)

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great stitching on the gifts you have received. I love your biscornu.

Christine said...

Great stitching, you've made a lot of progress on the dragon.
Nice to see the Ocean in a Bottle piece again

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Great progress on the Dragon.
The biscornu is adorable, I love the way the water sprinkles over the edge of the design!

Unknown said...

Love your ocean in a bottle I just realized your stitching a lot of beachy stuff this year that's so nice love seeing them all. Happy stitching my friend I so miss blogging.

Elfie said...

Beautiful stitching again this month.

Renee said...

Katie, you have made great progress! Beautiful work. Congratulations on winning the darling biscornu chart. The Ocean in a Bottle is one of my favorites, so I cannot wait to see your next update!

Astrids dragon said...

What an adorable biscornu, that will be a fun one to do.
Bring on the bottle, I love that one!

Janet said...

I love that biscornu... and I can’t wait to see more progress on the ocean in a bottle!!

Julie said...

Huge progress on the Beer Dragon
That's a pretty biscornu

Bethan said...

Lots of great progress. The biscournu is very sweet. I look forward to seeing your progress on Ocean in a bottle x

rosey175 said...

Oh, I ~love~ that biscornu! Hope you find the right fabric in your stash although I suppose an order of more stash isn't such a terrible thing. ;)

Your nautical pieces are always such a pleasure to see. You must go through a lot of blues!