Jul 31, 2019

#24HoursofCrossStitch August Challenges

I swear this is my last post for today haha. Tomorrow is August and the new #24HOCS have been released. 3 challenges a lot like the July ones. Still they are so exciting. Fresh and ready to go.

The August acrostic is XSTITCH DAY in honor of World Cross Stitch Day Jen said. So let's see what is on the plan for this month...

X -- Nautical Year August from Sand, Sea and Cross Stitch
Goal: Finish
Connection: I seen this set on Instagram stitched by @Xstitch23
That's why I purchased them.
S --  Beer Dragon by Paine Free Crafts
Artwork by Stanley Morrison
Goal: 4 Hours
Connection: Artist has S in his name.
T -- Salt Water Taffy by Joan Elliot
Goal: 4 Hours
Connection: T in Title
I -- Love 2 Stitch by Hinzeit
Goal: Finish
Connection: I love 2 stitch!
T -- Wish Upon a Starfish by Designs by Lisa
Goal: 4 Hours
Connection: Starfish can be found in Tide pools along the Ocean. 
C -- Cabin Fever Mill Hill
Goal: 4 Hours
Connection: The C in the Title
H -- Halloween Mini
Start the next monster face the 3rd one down on the left
Goal: 4 Hours
Connection: H in the Title
D -- Dragon Eye by Eva's Design
Goal: 4 Hours
Connection: D in Title
A --Adjust your Sails
Goal: 4 Hours
Connection: A in Title
Y -- August Lizzie Kate Flip-It Stamp
Goal: Finish
Connection: Year Long Set


So that's my acrostic goals. Only 2 really were a little creative to make the ones I wanted to fit work. I and the T for the starfish haha. I've already used a year long set for Y but I guess that is a squeeze too. I also decided it's finally time to get two of the over 1 dragons back out. Some other pieces are going to rest this month. I told them don't worry I'm sure they will fit in the future again.

There is also another holiday calendar for August...
So I again have to pick 12 with a minimum of 24 minutes or 120 stitches to call this bonus challenge complete.

Last is the empty calendar with the challenge to stitch at least 24 hours during August.

So let's get this month started and get progress done! Tomorrow I will start with mom's Nautical year set. 

By the way Thanks for paying attention to my many posts today. I am now finally caught up.

9 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Katie wow such a big challenge ,can't wait to see your progress ,you always do such beautiful work,hope you have a wonderful day my friend xx

Cathy said...

Thank you for showing us the full charts that you'll be stitching in August. Now I can see what you're working toward. Good luck on completing all your goals, too!

Rachel said...

Such a busy month ahead and such a variety of big, small, easy and more complicated projects to look forward to working on. I love the new monster face you will be starting; it's the type of face we pull when trying to make the connection between the acrostic letter and a project, I think!! Good luck with your holiday connections too. I'm already looking forward to your progress reports and month end round up! :)

Rhona said...

Good luck on completing your goals. Love your charts...every one of them is gorgeous.

Faith... said...

You may have been creative but you got the letters filled in. I can't wait to see everything you stitch for each calendar! Good luck!!

Julie said...

Had a nice catch up read of you many posts. Your weekend away was fun packed, no wonder you were tired when you got home.
Plenty of stitching done, with lots more to come that you are planning. Everything looks super.

Vicky Cahyagi said...

Very Creative & artistic

Astrids dragon said...

I hope to see more of your Beer Dragon, he's adorable! And I love everything else you're working on, you're going to have a busy month.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Really pleased to see the dragons coming out this month.
As well as the Hallowe'en Faces, it was good to see the Vampire completed.
Good luck with this month's goals.