Sep 16, 2019

Monday Update

Hey I finally found my stitching time again. I stitched every day last week. Even though it was only a little over an hour a few days at least it was progress. Finally!

I shared with you already how I finished Mom's September pillow last Monday when I posted Tuesday for the FFG SAL. After that finish I got started on my Lizzie Kate Flip It Stamp for September. Now I have to be honest. Since I didn't get a lot of stitching time in August other than my two pillows. Plus now I was back to working on them again. They both just seemed to take FOREVER. I think it's because I wanted them finished so bad. I wanted to work on something else for crying out loud. I did work on it though every day of the week and finished the front panel Friday right before cabin time. I could have took it with me to finish up but I wanted a break from it.

We went down to our cabin Friday night. We stopped at Walmart and I found a new chair to take to my October stitching retreat. My old one just wasn't comfortable any longer. Here is what my new one looks like...
I loved the bungee cords. It gave the chair a lot of cushion instead of being so firm. Perfect for long stitching time...I hope. We tried several different ones and this one felt the best. Plus it folds up a lot better so it will take up less room in the car we take. Space for stitching is a lot more important haha.

Saturday morning when Dad and Bev got there we helped peel tomatoes again. This time I actually remembered to take photos...
This time Bev was making salsa and some more spaghetti sauce. We sure made fast work on the tomatoes. She really appreciated the help. She said that part always takes so long. Fred and Dad worked on fixing the gates that had settled a bit and then we had a lot of nothing planned for the rest of the day. So we took the time to put up our Halloween decorations and lights...
Of course I forgot to get a picture of it all lit up at night so I will get one this weekend and make sure to share with you next Monday update. Trust me it looks great. I love Halloween decorating. Now we need to work on our house and get it all decorated too. What a pain but so worth it in the end.

After we got the decorating done nothing else was on the list so that meant stitching time. I got an hour and 33 minutes added to the Halloween Mini Monster Face. Here he was last time...
Here he is now...
More green blob haha.

Sunday Fred had a radio event he wanted to attend. So we packed up and headed home early. We have been stealing his weekends so he was happy to get to attend the event. Plus that meant I could finish the September Lizzie Kate finally...
(Finish # 30) September 15th 
September Lizzie Kate Flip-It Stamp
Stitched on 14ct Oatmeal Aida
Threads are Suggested DMC
Started Sept 9th. Took 6 Days.
13 Hours 23 Minutes Start to Finished.

After that I was excited to pick up another project from my September goal list.
Seaside Sampler kit from Mill Hill. I worked on this one for the Longest Weekend Marathon SAL in June this year. I picked it for one of the R's in the acrostic this month. Since the right side border was Red and white. Here it was after the Longest Day SAL progress...
I had added the little sailboat square for the goal during the marathon. Now I have the right side added other than filling in the anchor rope as you can see in the finished photo above...

So finally I had some exciting stitching time again. I'm looking forward to trying hard to finish marking off my acrostic letters this time. The acrostic for this month was SHORTER DAYS. I have both S's and one R marked off now.

Next up is some time on Adjust your Sails. I had the boys pick the project for me last night. My goal is at least longer than 24 minutes. Maybe just tonight I'll work on it. I know I really want to spend a few days on Beer Dragon before the end of the month so I might switch projects tomorrow. Mark off another letter. We'll see.

Hope everyone has a great week!

4 comments:

Cathy said...

It looks like you had a good week. I'm glad you could finally stitch something besides your monthly smalls.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That chair looks great. Nice to be able to finish the obligation stitching and work on some green blobs! Plus the lovely seaside design.

Rachel said...

Love everything! Sounds like you struggled towards the beginning of the month but will be in full swing for the rest of it. If it's any consolation, I love stitching my three beginning-of-the-month 'compulsory' pieces but am so glad when they're over so that I am free to choose what to stitch on next.
Glad the green blob got some attention; he's perfect as a cabin stitch and as we count down towards Halloween. :)

Faith... said...

Seaside looks great! That pole reminds me of a Barber Shop. Good progress on your blob. Hope you get some more letters marked off.