Nov 18, 2019

Monday After IHSW Update

Lots of stitching to share. It's been a great progress filled week and weekend. First let's take a look back at last week.

Monday I started a new piece...
Autumn Blessing from Waxing Moon. I got the Weeks Dye Works threads to do this one in. Those leaves I just thought would be beautiful that way. Monday I got started on it and got one leaf done in the upper left corner...
I'm absolutely in love with the fabric too. 28ct Crystal Mello Lugana. This photo kind of shows the sparkle so you can imagine it in person I hope. Plus I love the variegation in the thread. Tuesday I got some more time with this one...
Added 2 more leaves as you can see. For some reason this one seems to go a little slow. It's a fun piece to work on though so that's okay.

Wednesday I picked up Christmas Jars again. I hadn't worked on it since Dec 9th 2017. Remember this one?
I have two of the jars finished. I wanted to get started on the red jar next. I have the two on the right finished up...
Here is my progress on the red jar now...
I took the day off Thursday to do a bunch of computer work.

Friday was the start of IHSW and my family did fantastic leaving me alone to stitch and watch TV. I got 7 Hours and 7 Minutes of stitching added to Beer Dragon. Here he was before and after Friday...
Saturday I added 200 more stitches and got to here...
Saturday I got a later start and didn't focus as hard. Maybe I was tired from the Friday push haha. I got 5 Hours 37 Minutes in still though. After getting the 200 more in on Beer Dragon I felt like moving on. So I stuck with the beer theme and picked up 99 Bottles. I got 2 more bottles added...

I have 51 bottles added now. I've also decided this one will be finished in 2020! I'm thinking about how I want to plan that. I might plan on at least 1 bottle a week until it's finished. We'll see. I'm not done making my 2020 stitching plans yet.

Sunday I only got 3 Hours and 2 Minutes but that was just fine after my fantastic two days of stitching. I started Tree Shopping another Mill Hill Kit. (Yes I really have been enjoying them lately as you can tell.) Here is what it will look like...
 Here is where I got after the first day of stitching...
I'm going to stick with this one till it's finished.

I updated my #24HOCS acrostic list on the right side. I have 3 without any progress. There is still time left for the month. Honestly though I'm happy with my progress again. Especially after this weekend of stitching. So we'll see what happens the rest of the month. I hope everyone has a great week. Mom has a doctor appointment tomorrow and we have some shopping plans. Have to start the Christmas shopping. Doesn't seem like it's that time already does it?

9 comments:

Mini said...

We don't have a proper Autumn season in India, still I'm developing a taste for Autumn colors. All your stitching is fabulous.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Katie wow your work is amazing ,i feel like a kid in the candy shop when i visit you,so many beautiful projects,those xmas jars are gorgeous,well done my friend on all your beautiful work xx

Cathy said...

Wow, you got a lot done this week! I'm sure you're enjoying that Mill Hill. It's one of my favorites!

Julie said...

You really have been putting in lots of little crosses Katie, so many pretty things in this post.

Rachel said...

What a wonderful week and weekend of stitching both on WIPs and new starts. Is it really two years since the jars were stitched on? It seems like only yesterday!
I like your idea for trying to finish 99 Bottles off next year. I take it you haven't got the same plan for Beer Dragon!!! :)

Carol said...

You had such a productive week, Katie! I hardly got any stitching done as it's full on Thanksgiving prep here. With 20 coming, it is a TON of work and I really miss my stitching... I especially love that first Waxing Moon piece--really such a pretty fall design. Enjoy! And Happy Thanksgiving!

Faith... said...

Oh I love the piece "Tree Shopping" and you got a lot in on it for one day. And you are really moving along on your acrostic stitching already too. Good luck with your 2020 list I can't seem to finalize mine.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Wow, you had an amazing weekend! So much stitching time. I can't decide which is my favourite. Really looking forward to seeing more of the dragon.

Astrids dragon said...

Great start with the leaves and nice to see you pick up the jars again.
Bring on the Beer Dragon, I can't wait to start seeing him!
A bottle a week sounds good, maybe two if you're on a drinking binge?!
Awe, I love that Mill Hill, but do I really need another one? You're trouble!