Apr 4, 2020

The People's Choice -- Modern Samplers

On the first Saturday of every month we have a fun mission from the lovely Jo. We get a theme and we are to make a post about anything we feel fits that theme. This month the theme is Modern Samplers.

Stop over to the check in post to see who has joined in the fun.

So what is a modern sampler. First we need to decide that right? Well samplers to me is a piece that has an alphabet on it. Most the time they are old vintage type pieces with borders and motifs but I always think of a an alphabet. After reading several of the other posts that have been posted they agree with me it seems. So modern samplers would be more modern. So let's see if I have anything in my stitching folders that might fit the theme...
In 2006 I was doing model stitching for Rosewood Manor. I stitched this piece called Claret for her. It wasn't my taste but I got paid to stitch so that was nice.
In 2007 I stitched another sampler for Rosewood Manor called Good Foundations.
Another one in 2007 was called Four Leaf Clover for Rosewood Manor. I really loved stitching for her. She was the nicest person and appreciated my stitching.
2008 was Cranny Flowers by Rosewood Manor. I did some others mixed in as well but these are finished model photos I can share.

I don't know if those would be considered modern or not. Works for this post I hope. I stopped model stitching after getting burnt out. I don't remember exactly what year. I just wanted to enjoy my stitching instead of make a job out of it. It was fun while it lasted definitely.

So that was the end to my sampler stitching. One thing I love about cross stitching is there is something for everyone. No matter what you like there seems to be a pattern for it. So no I don't like samplers but a lot of people do.

Next month the theme is fire. I can already think of a few things I will include for that one.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

I didn't know you had been a model stitcher but guess it's just never come up in conversation! I'm impressed with your results, although it must have been hard stitching on something you didn't really enjoy.
I'm definitely not a sampler fan either, but still enjoyed the theme. I felt sure your Homely Houseplants would make an appearance. :)

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely stitching, it's a high accolade to be asked to be a model stitcher.

Mini said...

What an honour to be a model stitcher!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month and giving us a chance to learn something new about you!

I would love to be a model stitcher but I also like to stitch my own things so maybe not LOL

DJ said...

What lovely stitching! I like Rosewood Manor designs too! That must have been fun to be her model stitcher. It did leave me wondering what you are stitching on now though...LOL!! Can't wait for the next post!

Julie said...

Learnt something today... I didn't know you had been a model stitcher. Beautiful designs you worked on for Rosewood Manor, stunning!

Astrids dragon said...

Oooh, lovely model stitching! I'm not much for samplers either, but you did a beautiful job.

Faith... said...

That is so pretty Katie!