May 28, 2020

Really Late Monday Update

I'm still alive. Just busy and life just keeps throwing things at me. Yesterday was a crappy day all around. Even my dad called several times with things going wrong for him. We have a major house repair ahead. Our AC coil has a leak so our AC quit just as we had our first 90 degree temp days. Lovely. Also finally fixing this drain in our garage that has been not draining for years now. Which means we can get a new water heater so that will be a nice bonus. Most the time Jeremiah ends up with a cold shower toward the end of his shower routine.

Anyway I'm ahead of myself. Let me go back a bit first...

I posted on the 19th. I had two more days of stitching on my Mill Hill Maynia after that...

Tuesday I worked on Happy Camper and added 30 minutes for a make up day for the 16th...
I also put some work into the Pizza Slice and finished up the beading. So Wednesday I FFO the Pizza Slice...
I made it into a magnet for our house refrigerator. Wednesday I also got to work on another new start from my Mill Hill Maynia pile. This one is Land of the Free...
I really enjoyed this one. I might use some birthday money I received to buy the other two from this patriotic set. How can I not have the whole set??

I packed stitching to go with me to our cabin for the holiday weekend. Then I did NO stitching at all. It was just a relaxing, busy, family, and friend filled weekend. No time for stitching was found. That's okay. It was worth it. I'm not going to make up those days.
We were able to get the last pieces of main metal on the barn. Just corner pieces and roof touch up left. My baby robins sure changed a lot...
I did see that one of the babies eyes were open so that was really exciting. They are doing great. My boys were together again...
My godson and his dog Lily and Jeremiah enjoying time together on the deck. It was a very lovely weekend indeed. It ended up hot hot hot but we had a great time anyway. Definitely another great campground weekend.

So my Mill Hill Maynia has probably came to an end officially. No time to catch up. I've had a crazy stress filled week. So today I'm doing this update and then getting busy on my May Fairy which still isn't finished. Don't worry though my Mill Hill aren't going too far away. I have a feeling they will be coming out more to play. We'll see.

I hope everyone has a great rest of your week and upcoming weekend. Yes we are heading back to our cabin but it should be a more relaxing weekend. We'll see. Honestly I need it.

8 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You've done great on the Mill Hill Maynia this year, the pizza still makes me giggle!

Glad you enjoyed the weekend. We have now been told we can have a friend come and sit in our gardens. But no more than 6 people in total. At 2m distance. I guess those of us obeying the rules have to make up for those not bothering. Like my neighbours!

Got your June plans ready?

Cathy said...

I hope you get a lot more stitching done this coming week and that it's a better week all around. Congrats on finishing the pizza slice though--I started mine this week, too.

Annie said...

Love seeing pics from your cabin:) Sounds like you had a lovely time, even if there was no stitching, haha. The patriotic piece looks great; wish I could find something similar with a Swedish theme! Hope your weekend ahead will be good <3.

Julie said...

Time with family and friends is so precious, how lovely you were able to enjoy some. Stitching can wait when the weathers warm and sunny.

Faith... said...

Ouch, no air on the first hot day! I hope you are able to get that taken care of quickly. I love the baby birds! Looks like they are waiting for mom to bring them some lunch. Glad you had a great family weekend and Jeremiah's BFF got to come over for a visit too.

Rachel said...

Stressful things aside, you've had a great Maynia month and lots of time at your cabin. I hope you purchase the other two Mill Hills to accompany Liberty; I agree, you have to have the whole set! :)

Carol said...

Hope June will be a lot less stressful for you, Katie--take refuge in your stitching and the love of your family. May was rough for me, too :( Love your finishes and the little birdies are so sweet ♥

Astrids dragon said...

Ugh, how does the house know when to have something break just when you really need it?! I hope all is well by now.
Love that pizza, it looks great!
Oh yes, you must have the set, this one is nice.
Sometimes it's nice to just relax and chill, just like the baby robins! Great photos of them!