Jan 31, 2021

January WIPocalypse

Today is time to check in for the January WIPocalypse. The purpose on this fun blog SAL is to finish up all our WIPs before the End of the World. Crazy as this world is lately I think we'll be here for awhile so luckily I have a lot of WIPs to work on. I like to use this SAL as an excuse to keep track of what I've worked on since the last update. Plus who the before and after recap of my projects for the time period.

So let's see what I've been working on this year so far...

Year of Celebrations -- 5 Days 

Started and Finished the first one from this set...

Sept Fairy -- 7 Days

Finished this one up from last year's monthly set...

Winter Time -- 1 Day

Got this one finished up with just the one day progress...

Bloody Mary Dragon -- 5 Days

I'm still working on this one so I will be updating it tomorrow on my Monday update.

Oct Fairy -- 3 Days

Started the next Fairy and got a little bit of progress on her in the 3 days...

Non Stitching Days -- 11 Days Not too bad. I should be making up for that in February though with the stitching challenge. Here's hoping.

Measi also gives us fun questions to answer each month. Question of the Month: Tell us about a WIP on which you’ve really struggled to make progress. Explain its history. What appears to be the reason you’re struggling? I did a Dimensions kit called Beach Chairs. It changed threads a lot and used a lot of blended threads. I remember hating working on it. I finally just gave up on it. Too many patterns I would much rather be stitching.

Don't forget to stop over to the check in post to see what others have worked on. See ya next time.

10 comments:

Cathy said...

Wintertime is beautiful! You made good progress in January. I broke down in 2020 and bought Blue Heron out of the clearance bin at Stitch N Frame. Someday when I am ready to start it you will have to dig yours out and we can do a SAL.

Carol said...

So many pretty finishes for January, Katie! The September Fairy is darling and Wintertime is gorgeous with those pretty cardinals! Hope February brings many nice hours of stitching your way.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lots of work in January, some lovely bright colours too that help on these wintery days.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fabulous work on your monthlies and seasonal projects. It's always good to see how much progress we've made across the whole month.

jocondine said...

All your stitchings are so great, I love all the patterns. Well done! AmitiƩs. xxx

Rachel said...

Great work for the month! Everything is gorgeous! :)

DJ said...

So many pretty stitches! I love them all and can't wait to see what the final one looks like when it's finished. I think I have the pattern for the first one you did....those are so cute!!

Amy Davidson said...

Congratulations on your finishes. Lovely stitching.

Astrids dragon said...

Winter Time is just beautiful, and I really should start the fairy calendar since yours are turning out so adorable.

Faith... said...

My you have been very busy Katie! So many finishes this month, congratulations!!