Mar 18, 2024

Mar 18th Monday Update

 Our new internet is awesome!!! I get to be here for a normal Monday update.

So I updated on Friday. Took the day off from stitching and tried to get caught up on all things computer work. What a pain haha. But I think I'm finally caught up.

Saturday we went into town to HR Block to do our taxes. Depressing but it's done and we don't owe we basically made enough to pay for our taxes haha. Then we went shopping all day. We went to Kokomo a big town smaller than Fort Wayne but we like it. It has all the stores that was on our list. Hobby Lobby, Jo Anns, Best Buy, Menards, a used game store, a pet store for Spike needs, and food to eat out haha. It was a nice day. I needed to gather things for my retreat. I was having a horrible time keeping track of things but the boys helped me and we got everything we needed. We found a cute little bar to eat a late lunch and came home. No stitching was done. But fun was sure had.

Sunday Fred and I went into town here and stopped at Dollar Tree and Walmart for our weekly groceries and the last few needed items. So other than packing.....I'm finally ready for retreat this coming weekend. Well I leave Thursday. I'm excited and nervous. I miss the ladies. Someone said the last one we had was 2019!!! Wow so much has changed since then. A lot to talk about. Tears will be shed but we always have fun solving all our problems together.

I did finally stitch on Sunday and added 203 stitches to Acorn Gnome...
(8) March 17th
Acorn Gnome
JS20-2314
from Jim Shore Mill Hill Kits Set of 6
Released in 2023
Stitched on Perforated Paper
Using Kit Threads and Beads
Started Jan 25th. Took 6 Days.
1,572 Total Stitches.

2 of these finished now. I just love them of course. Gnomes are just so adorable!!!

This month has just been weird. Emotional! So much going on with Bev and just all over the place with own stuff going on. I'm okay just really burnt out. So I'm really excited about this weekend. Laughing with my girls will be a much needed break. Plus I'm really excited to STITCH. When I do get time lately I find myself distracted and messing with my phone. Just mentally not into it. Even though I stitch and I know I do I miss being in the mind set for it. Not really lost mojo I want to stitch on everything I just let my mind wonder off and then it's a few hours later and no stitching has happened. But I'm caught up and ready to actually go focus I think now. So I will end with Love yourself. Have a wonderful week. Hugs. Find reasons to smile as often as you can. Thanks for reading.

5 comments:

jhm said...

For Bev, ask about immunotherapy. It did the job for my husband. He never did chemo, did some radiation then straight on to the immunotherapy. He went in with a 10% chance of survival though neither of us knew that until after. He is now 2 years clear.

DOesn't hurt to ask.

Jackie

PS I want to hear all about the retreat. I can't seem to get away these days.

diamondc said...

Katie: Great to see what you are working on, the Gnome is so cute, I love Joann's and all craft stores, it sounds like you both like the same type stores as we do. I can always find something to work on from sewing to stitching.
I hope you have an amazing time with your stitch group after you get together with the group I bet you will get your mojo back full force..
Love the dollar stores cereal is so inexpensive.
I have been burnt out I relax, and it gets better.
I hope Bev gets the right meds for her condition.

Catherine☘️

Faith... said...

Congrats on another finish Katie! Hoping you will find some mojo laying around for you over the weekend and you put it to good use. Just get in some relaxation and pamper yourself all you can!

Fill us in on all the fun when you get back!

Aviator said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Astrids dragon said...

Love that gnome, he's so cute!
Now I'm jumping to your retreat post, I'm just a little behind.