Sep 30, 2024

Sept 30th Monday Update - Sept and Oct Goals

 Last week of September so wrapping up Sept challenges. Let's see what I worked on...

Monday ABCingo in Monthly Magazine Challenge FB group was still going for 3 more calls. Letter R was picked for Monday. I had just started Autumn Line Up by The Trilogy and Sunday and it was still really calling me. So I stretched the R.....I am Really Ready for Fall to be here.....works haha.

Added 405 and was really happy with my progress for the day and it could go away for a bit.

Tuesday Letter T was picked so I pulled out The Mandalorian by Forbidden Fiber Co again. Got a wonderful 689 because the letters go fast since it's just one thread color...

Wednesday the last letter called was L which worked great because the last acrostic goal I had was Luck of the Irish. So two goals one project...

My goal was 200 so after adding 203 I put it away. Just added some background for the banner this time around. There was a popup bonus for a birthday. We were supposed to talk about a favorite WIP and explain why we liked it. You got points for stitching 250 stitches on it by the deadline Friday. If she picked yours as one of the top 3 WIPs you got extra points. I was really happy to see she picked mine as one of her favorites so I got max points for my team. I'm not surprised though because I used Yggdrasil from Paine Free Crafts and she has very similar tastes to me when it comes to these types of designs.

Finally finally getting close to finished with that upper left corner block...

I added 284 this time for Wednesday and Thursday.

Friday I decided to pick up my monthly planned new start Mini Block Freedom by Hinzeit. I only had the first 3 outlines done and I had the goal of finishing before the end of the month. Last night I put the last stitches in...

I put in 421 Friday and 326 Sunday. I didn't attach the charms yet because I want to get some invisible thread for that. I attached the last ones with white and don't like the way it looks. I would love to finish these two up sometime. I'm hoping to drag my sewing machine stuff all here for a few days and finish a bunch of stuff. Maybe in November. 

I also have some haul to report. There is a FB lady who buys lots of charts from stitching stores and resells them at a discount. She has a FB group called The Vintage Stitcher Shop Destash. She also has a flosstube. Anyway she had some charts available I couldn't pass up...

3 new to me Erica Michael patriotic charts and the Bee Different I fell in love with. When I looked at it after receiving I was surprised to see it's stitched on a Fabric Flair that has the beehive design on it. So that will be fun to stitch up. I just love the Bee Different idea. We sure believe in that motto.

Saturday we had a busy day so no stitching. Visited with family here and planted a new tree in Grandpa's honor that family friends gifted us. Then we went to a larger nearby town to do some errands. First we wanted to eat out a nice meal to celebrate 1 year since turning in the keys to our old house. Crazy to think it's been a year already. We ate at Olive Garden one of mom's favorite restaurants. Then we went shopping. We are attending a fancy wedding in October....I'm actually doing the officiating. So this Walmart girl needed a nice outfit. We found Jeremiah a nice undershirt and button up shirt at Burlington. Then we ran into the mall to check out Torrid. I love Torrid always have but WOW the prices always stopped me. There was a girl working and I said Please help me. She was so sweet and had a blast picking things out for me. She even one time screamed okay I love you because I was willing to try anything to look nice. They had a spot for the boys to sit. I put an outfit on and walked out laughing. Nope. I put another outfit on and honestly felt pretty. Everyone complimented me even others shopping. I tried on some other stuff with quick nopes even tried on a dress haha. Nope! So I went back to the outfit we all like and Fred said you could just tell it made me happy. I held myself high. Then she picked out a pair of shoes with a HUGE heel. HAHA nope!! But she got a lower heal and I tried it. They made me stand tall. So I grumbled at the prices and bought the outfit. It was worth it to feel extra pretty for that day. When I done checking out I asked the lady for a hug and we both started crying. I don't do pretty and boy she knew just what to do to help me out. I would definitely shop with them again. Well when I can afford it haha.

September goals were all met...

October starts tomorrow. My favorite month. My decorations are already out I just couldn't wait any longer. Spooky shows and movies galore. I joined a million challenges again haha...


I decided to do 100 a day for a fun challenge on this one...

Halloween Sampler by Les Petites Croix De Lucie. I'm doing it on 40ct White. 1 thread over 2 I think. I'll find out tomorrow haha.

Then I have a 2nd acrostic again. This new to me group Fun with Cross Stitch has a Scattergories challenge too I'm checking out. The acrostics this year are all US Capitals looks like and they also have a Aussie Capital Cities acrostic. I didn't think I needed another one though haha. I do love the acrostic type of challenges. I've stepped away from a few though. I don't want too much. Just enough to drive me crazy is enough haha. My monthly planned start for October is another Erica Michaels...

Heart & Compass is the name of this one. I have really enjoyed getting some of these charts that have long set in my stash started and I really think I will make sure to start at least one a month next year as well. What I need.....more WIPs hahaha. 

Anyway I'm off to get stuff done. Thanks for reading my rambling.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hi Katie! Nice progress on all of your WIPs and the Freedom finish turned out great with all those pretty charms. So glad you found a perfect outfit for your wedding officiant position. That is quite an honor so I understand how much you wanted to look nice. I am not good at "dressy" stuff either so I do understand! Sounds like you had the perfect salesgirl to help! Hope your October is a good one! ♥