Oct 21, 2024

Oct 21st Monday Update

 Hello Readers time for a Monday update. Let's see what I've worked on this last week.

I added 100 every day except Saturday to Halloween Sampler by Les Petites Croix De Lucie. So +600 stitches...

19 Days on it now. Using 40ct White Evenweave and Suggested DMC for this one. 2 threads over 2. 

Monday was computer day other than the Halloween Sampler.

Tuesday I spun my acrostic wheel and got Y from the word Hayride so worked on Yggdrasil from Paine Free Crafts. Added 382...

Finally see more than just the beautifully detailed corner block. 

Wednesday and Thursday I worked on a design for Monthly Magazine FB group challenge. Oh My Gourd. Needed 500 stitches on anything with a gourd and Enchanted Pumpkin Mill Hill Kit definitely fits that category. Added 545 in the two days...

Friday we left early in the morning for the 3 and half hour drive up to Detroit, Michigan area. We needed to be there at noon for the rehearsal. Luckily we were able to get our hotel room and get there in perfect time. Everything I was needed for was over early enough we went up to a fun brewery to eat. We stopped at Walmart and got some things we needed and headed to our room. I was able to get 100 added to the Halloween Sampler and we watched a movie together. 

Saturday we didn't need to be there till 4pm. We had a relaxing day and got Door Dash for lunch. Then we headed to the wedding. It was gorgeous. Planterra Conservatory  It's funny because both guys are named Brandon. Yes it was a gay wedding please skip if that offends anyone. Our Brandon is tall and his now husband is short so most refer to them as Big and Little haha. Anyway Little Brandon LOVES flowers. He even interned at Disney World in Florida in their flower department. The setting was just perfect. I was so nervous. This was my first and only hopefully time asked to officiate a wedding. Wow what an experience. Both the boys love Disney they actually got engaged there in a beautiful treasure hunt type of way organized by our Brandon. So I worked several Disney lines into the wedding. After the ceremony was over I was greeted with so many compliments I guess I did good job. So that made me feel very happy and relieved. I did hear a lot of laughs and I guess I made some shed tears so I was happy with that response. Before I knew it that part was over. We had a nice time and stuck around a little bit for a delicious meal and to watch the Croatian dancing (little Brandon's heritage). Back at the hotel I was so exhausted no stitching was able to be done.

 

Sunday we had a lovely time heading home and stopped at a HUGE farmer's market building we've enjoyed in Lansing area. It was a great excuse for a fun family weekend. It was an honor to be asked to officiate. It was nerve wracking but it was fun and now it's over *huge sigh of relief* haha. 

I do have some haul to share. My Jardin Prive purchases arrived from 123stitch...

I got Au Pays des Gnomes (In the Land of the Gnomes), Paques chez les Gnomes (Easter Among the Gnomes), Noel chez les Gnomes (Christmas Among the Gnomes), and Au Fil des Nichoirs (Along the Nesting Boxes). Plus a piece of 32ct Platinum Lugana which is for the Nesting Boxes one. I can't wait to start them all. I might do the Noel one in November. I think the Nesting Boxes will be a project for next year. The fence posts have monthly decorations for the year so might make it a year long project. 

I have another order in the mail that I'm excited about but you'll have to wait and see what that is. I don't know why I just keep getting new patterns haha. I need to stop for a while and STITCH what I have haha.

Well a new week. We have fun weekend plans. Halloween Party here Saturday. So who knows what trouble we will get into haha. Have a great week. Love yourself. Find reasons to smile!

No comments: