May 25, 2010

Conch Finish



I finished a large mill hill kit. It's a conch shell for my mom. It turned out really nice. I just love doing Mill Hill kits. I better I have more than 50 in my stash I bet haha. I have the other shell to do. It's a Nautilus shell. Mom asked will it be done soon too? I laughed. They do seem to take awhile but I love working with the beads.

Yesterday I received some new charts in the mail. I ordered Joan Elliot's Seasonal Fairies. You can click here to see them. Actually the best part was I only ordered 3 of them. Yet all 4 arrived. My lovely friend Annette bought the Winter one and had House of Stitches mail it to me in my order. It was funny to open up and have all of them in my package. I think I will start with the Summer one. Just would feel weird doing the Winter one when it's 90 degrees outside haha. I need to run to my LNS tomorrow and get some fabric. I think I'll end up with a hand dyed have to see what screams buy me. I'm looking forward to working on another Joan piece. I really loved working on the Crescent Moon Dragon.

Since I worked on the Mill Hill piece to finish it I haven't been stitching on Pinkie. I did add a few stitches this weekend but not enough to update. I think I'll work on it today. When I get the fabric for the fairy it will be really hard not to start it. So we'll have to see what happens. You know me. I always start things when the feeling strikes me haha.

7 comments:

Shari said...

the shell finish is beautiful Katie!!! I love it.
have fun at the LNS tomorrow! How fun!!! I haven't been there in ages!! Haven't been to HOS either....what is wrong with this picture!?!??!?!!?
Have fun, whatever you decide to buy!

Meari said...

It turned out wonderfully, Katie. Congrats on your finish.

Lynette said...

Wow, that's so pretty, Katie. Great finish!

Mylene said...

It is a beautiful finish, Katie. congrats!

Debra said...

That is so pretty and I love the frame. The faries are beautiful. I really like the summer one, glad you will be stitching that one first. It will be fun to watch it grow.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on a charming finish!

Sharon said...

Lovely finish! Congrats.