Dec 14, 2011

NaBloPoMo Day 14

Wednesday, December 14, 2011
What is your favorite gift you ever gave someone?

In college I was lucky enough to get together with my soul mate Fred. I was so happy to have someone worthwhile to spend life with. He meant and still does mean everything to me. When Christmas time came close I was on a race to find out what he really wanted. I listened and stalked haha. Our friends had DVD Burners that were pretty brand new technology then. I knew he used our friends all the time. So off I went only to find out then they were like $300. I worked hard to make the money I needed to to help pay for it. Christmas morning he opened it and was shocked. I was so happy to have done that. It was my favorite cause he really appreciated it so much. Funny that now like every computer comes with one haha. Oh well I got it when it was NEW haha.



*In the best singing voice possible* On the First Day of Christmas My Online friend gave to me.....*cough* Okay I better stop haha. Anyway today started the 12 Days of Christmas Exchange in ESC. Luckily Karen marked my presents with the days to open them so no worries there just grab it and open. She sent this totally cool jar topper. The white part on the top I can cross stitch something on. Of course I collect jars so this is PERFECT. I went to my cabinet and grabbed a jar already for it to go on. I love it! I've never seen these before.



Can't wait to see what's next.

1 comment:

Meari said...

I remember when those burners were $300, Katie! I also received one for Christmas at that time, LOL

I see you have a button jar. I have a square one. I also have jars with wooden spools of thread in them.