Dec 15, 2011

NaBloPoMo Day 15

Thursday, December 15, 2011
What was a gift that wasn't well-received?

I couldn't think of one but then I laughed out loud. Here's a fun story. My lovely hubby Fred and I have agreed to give one another 5 gifts for Christmas. This helps to know how many to get cause I would get him 100 and he would get me 1 haha. Anyway one year he was extra excited about my last gift. He even started video recording me when he handed me the box. I was thinking Oh no what's in this. When I opened it there was an Ott Light. I was shocked. Click the link. Yeah a $200 lamp! A lot of my stitching friends have lamps like these. He had paid attention and thought I could use one. The problem......I didn't want to own a $200 lamp. I have a $20 lamp from Lowe's that's just fine. So I smiled so sweetly and was like Oh Honey. After the video was shut off I almost cried trying to explain to him the idea was so sweet but there was no way I could accept this expensive lamp. Luckily my eyes are fine with the cheap lamp. I don't need the expensive one....yet. So he took it back and got his money back. We could buy 5 of the other cheap lamps first haha. The idea was so sweet though.

Day Number 2 is needles and a cute chart. I think the little bird would fit on my jar cover I got yesterday. I haven't decided if I will do that or not. We had several quail come to our yard one time so it would be really cute to do that cause this kinda looks like them.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day. It's the funeral and stuff for my Great Grandmother. It's really awkward cause my Aunt who we haven't spoke to in forever is going to be there. I just want it to go smoothly. Luckily Fred moved a day off work and is able to go. I'm glad I won't have to be there without him. He's so supportive. I'm blessed! I wish there were more out there like him cause I know several friends who deserve to be as lucky as I am. We went Christmas shopping last night and what could normally of been a hectic time was so much fun. I love him so much. Well I hope everyone has a relaxing weekend. I know it's the crazy busy time of the year for everyone but make sure to take moments to take care of yourself in there too. The holidays will come whether you panic or not.

1 comment:

Meari said...

I had similar experience to your Ott light one. My (now-ex) DH bought me a $300 jewelry armoire because I always fawned over them in the store. I've never had jewelry nice enough to warrant an expensive gift like that, so I asked him to take it back too.