Jan 30, 2012

Seahorse Update

I have 3 days worth of stitching in on the Tribal Seahorse. He has a bottom half complete at least. The color I'm using is called Grape Leaf from GAST. This one is really moving quickly.

I didn't get a lot of stitching time this weekend either. Friday we went down to visit with my Grandma Faust (my mom's mom). It was a very nice visit. I love hearing about her life growing up. She's 88 so she's seen so many amazing things in her life.

Saturday we headed down to my dad and step mom's to visit. We always laugh too hard while down there. My grandparents (Dad's mom and dad) are cleaning out the house of my great grandparents who have passed away. What a job! We went over to visit for a little bit. It was like a family reunion. Everyone seeing if they want anything. I got a few things to cherish but Jeremiah got the best gift. They had 3 power wheelchairs. I asked my Grandpa and Grandma about buying one for Jeremiah cause there are times when it would be nice to have. The family decided to GIVE it to him. What a gift. They can be very expensive. It's like brand new. Cute little red Jazzy. So Jeremiah jumped on and drove it out to the van. He can't wait to get to ride it around. It was way too cold to play with it much this weekend. When we go to Shipshewana (an outdoor flea market) his normal wheelchair doesn't work because of the loose gravel. This chair will just fly across. Plus give Jeremiah the ability to have independence and control himself. Like I said What a gift.

On the way home we stopped at Redbox and got Real Steel. It was a fantastic movie! Great message to it and of course with Hugh Jackman it was fun to watch for me haha. Jeremiah and Fred of course want to build a robot now haha. So anyway no stitching on Saturday but it was a very nice day anyway.

Sunday I did get a lot of stitching time. Fred had a meeting with a radio buddy and I held down the couch and watched movies haha. Oh I had to laugh cause I was seeing what was on TV and noticed a movie called Rubber. It was about a tire that killed people. I love scary movies so I giggled and just had to setup the DVR. We watched it Sunday and I about died laughing. It was the stupidest funniest show I've ever watched. Fred just rolled his eyes at me and called me a dork haha. Then Sunday night it was a WWE pay per view. So we had a nice evening of screaming at the TV. I hope everyone has a great week ahead of them.


8 comments:

Meari said...

Nice progress on the seahorse, Katie. And what a great gift for J!

Sue said...

Lookin' good!!!! I have the crab and the owl....LOL...one day I will do one of those....lol

Jeremiah will love this!

Terri said...

What an awesome gift for Jeremiah!! You have a great family!

Oh, the stitching is cute, too! :-)

Berly said...

Tribal Seahorse is looking great! That is so awesome about the powerchair. I know how hard it can be trying to get a regular wheelchair in certain places. Was Rubber better than The Attack of the Killer Tomatoes?

Joysze said...

Love the colors in Seahorse, Katie. Your weekend sounds like loads of fun. :D

SoCal Debbie said...

That sounds like a wonderful weekend! How nice that your son got the red power chair! I'm going to add those movies to my Netflix list. Your Tribal Seahorse looks great!

Angie said...

Love the seahorse. What a wonderful gift that was

Vickie said...

Seahorse looks wonderful!!!