Oct 3, 2017

Finish and Vacation Day #1

Last night I was getting my travel stitching packed up. I kept out my new start the Mill Hill Harvest Garden kit to work on while watching TV. I was prepared to bring it with me on my vacation to finish it up if I had to but....I finished it before bedtime...
 (Finish #11) October 2nd, 2017
Harvest Garden from Mill Hill
Used Kit Materials. Perforated Paper, DMC Floss, and Mill Hill Beads.
Started October 1st. Took 2 Days.

I really enjoyed it a lot. I have a fun idea how to finish it but I'll have to wait till I find what I need to attach it to. Plus pardon me though while I do a quick advertisement which just so you know I will get nothing from. I heard from another stitcher about this awesome bead mat available on Amazon. I figured it would be worth checking out because I always have problems keeping my beads from going everywhere. So I ordered one. If the link doesn't work look up Beadsmith Sticky Bead Mat. The one I got was a small one though they have a larger one too I've seen. The one I bought was a little over $5. It worked exactly as I wanted it to. It held my beads in place even if you held the mat up in the air upside down. Yet they rolled off when I wanted to put them back into the container. It has a sticky type of feel to it on both sides so you can even stick it to your table but I didn't do that. I left the plastic on the bottom to protect it. I've heard when it loses it's sticky you just run water on it and it refreshes it and makes it work again.  I haven't tried it myself though. I personally think it made doing the Mill Hill kit that much more fun because I wasn't worried about run away beads the whole time haha. I'm so thankful I ordered one when I heard the raves from another stitcher. So I just had to share with my readers too.

Anyway so I took a quick minute or two to kit up another Mill Hill Kit to bring along with me...
Seaside Sampler. The little sailboat is a separate kit but I'm pretty sure I have it too and I love the idea of attaching it to the frame of the larger piece. I'll have to remember that when if I ever finish it haha.

So we hit the road this morning on our Beach Bound Vacation. We arrived safely at...
Mineralwells, WV. This is the same hotel we stay at every time we hit the road this way. It's a perfect day drive about 5 hours. So it feels like home away from home. It was a flawless travel day which is always nice.

8 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Congrats on the latest finish! Great choice for the new start too.
Have a lovely holiday!

Justine said...

Cute finish. I love your new start! Perfect for a seaside retreat. Have fun!

Preeti said...

Congrats on the finish!

Julie said...

Great new choice for stitching at the retreat.
Sweet finish.

Brigitte said...

And another lovely finish, and you stitched it up so fast. And the project you are taking to the retreat is so you. Just perfect.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That Mill Hill finish is adorable, I love the little green leaf bead.
Nice new project and the bead mat sounds perfect for Mill Hill designs too.

Maggee said...

Cute little finish Katie! I shall remember to check out that bead thing when I ever get around to stitching the two Mill Hill kits I bought two years back! Ha!

Astrids dragon said...

Sweet finish, great fall colours.
I have two of those bead mats and love them!