Jan 28, 2018

January WIPocalypse

It's the last Sunday of the month which means it's WIPocalypse time. This is where you go to see this month's check in. So stop over and see what others are talking about. WIPocalypse started to help us all stitch our projects before the end of the world. Of course if you are like me you keep adding to the pile and that doesn't help any haha. I like to use this SAL as a fun excuse to keep track of what I have worked on since the last check in. So let's see what I've been working on so far this year...

You are Loved -- Worked on 4 Days. Here is the project now after 6 days total...
Durene Jones Calendar -- Worked on 3 Days. I'm stitching these designs up each month for the Smalls SAL. I started and finished up the January piece...
Winter Messenger -- Worked on 2 Days. I was able to finish this one off after working on it these last two days. So glad to mark this one of my WIP list.
Pine Mountain Snapshots -- Worked on Dec for 3 Days. I was able to get this one finished off. Now I just have 4 more to do.
Salt Water Taffy -- Worked on 4 Days. I hadn't picked this one up since Feb 26th, 2017. Here is where I was...
Here it is now after the 4 days...
By the Sea -- Worked on 1 Day. Picked this up and finished it off after last working on it January 14th, 2016...
 Mill Hill Cabin Fever -- Worked on 1 Day. Got a little start on this one till I heard another WIP calling. Not even enough to take a photo of.

HAED Hold on to Hope -- Worked on 6 Days. I hadn't worked on this one since May 25th, 2016. She was screaming to get out and be finished. Here she was when I picked her up again...
Here she is now after finishing off page 8...
I just have 852 stitches left to finish her so she can finally get her place on the wall where she deserves to be.

I also had a fun little Valentine finish in 2 days. But I'm not showing the photo till the Valentine Blog Hop. So stay tuned.

I only had 3 no stitching days. I have to admit I love this time of year. I got so much stitching done this month. It feels great! Plus just in this span I got 5 finishes. 3 completed finished finishes. I'm one happy stitcher. Now to just try to keep it up the rest of the year haha.

We also get fun questions to answer with our posts. Here is the question for this check in... What SAL’s are you participating in this year? Mine are all listed in the side bar. WIPocalypse, Smalls SAL, Gifted Gorgeousness, IHSW. I also joined in the Soulful Stitchers group and joined the Year of WIPs (YOW) this year. I've listed 20 pieces I really want to finish for that. This year my real goal is just to stick to it and get some of the 75 WIPs on my list marked off.

Thanks for stopping by for my WIPocalypse post. See ya Feb 28th for the next one. Hopefully will a bunch of progress to share.

19 comments:

Unknown said...

I like many of your projects :) Happy stitching

Rai Rai's Stitches said...

Wow, you have so many projects, how do you which one to work on? I can’t juggle more than two at the moment. It’s just too daunting.
I’ve been debating starting two minis to stitch alongside of Wind Moon, but I don’t know. I think it will be one too many projects for me.

Sandy said...

Love your Hope and pre-congrats on the finish. I love your first project too, similar to one I want two start by Lizzy Kate for my granddaughter.

Preeti said...

Great update! Love all your colourful projects:)

Justine said...

What a colourful post! You're off to a great start in 2018. Now don't put Hope away for another 2 years, she needs to be on display!

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Hope is looking amazing!
A Messenger Of Winter is so pretty.A lovely post.

Tamra said...

Love your finishes. That December one that is like a photo graph in an album is really nice. I have never seen this design before. You have smoking needles!!

Linda said...

Lovely stitching and projects Katie.

Linda

Pam said...

Such great progress. Congratulations on all your finishes & such great progress on HOPE. Stitch on!

Mary said...

I love all of your projects. Congratulations on your finishes.

Julie said...

Well done Katie, fantastic finishes and progress this month.

Renee said...

Look at you go! Such beautiful progress and fabulous finishes! So... does this knock the UFOs down to 70? I love watching your progress!

Astrids dragon said...

Of course everything looks wonderful! Your critter calendar finish is adorable!
I'm cheating since I'm so far behind, so I'm just commenting here. I'm so glad your Mom is doing better, they do know how to worry us, don't they?!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work this month. There has to be some perks to being stuck at home and not travelling too far!

Meari said...

Such lovely stitching! Congrats on your finishes, Katie.

Carol said...

What a successful and fun month of stitching you had, Katie :)

Faith... said...

Lots of great progress and finishes Katie!

Cathy said...

Great progress! Love all of your projects especially the Heron!

Brigitte said...

A very productive month for you, Katie. And there is not only progress on many of your projects, you even had some finishes. Must feel great.