Apr 16, 2018

Monday Update

Last week was kind of a no mojo kind of week. Monday after my Monday update post I spent time catching up on emails and blog reading so no stitching that day. Tuesday I got just a bit added to the You are Loved piece for the 2nd day of new progress on it so I could have a progress picture for the Gifted Gorgeousness post yesterday. Wednesday and Thursday I just felt meh. No stitching. Just vegging. Friday I finally found my mojo though and got back to work on Ocean in a Bottle. Here is where I was April 2nd when I posted about it last...
That was 6 Days of Progress. Here it is now after 10 Days...
You can see the edge of the right side of the 1st page on the bottom right now. Now I will continue filling the page in till it's complete.

Our weather here in Indiana has just been wacky. We had beautiful 74 and 75 degrees Thursday and Friday. We were able to open our windows and breath the fresh Spring air finally. We were excited about the work we would be able to get done at our cabin spot over the weekend. Then the forecast changed. Starting Friday night after midnight we were supposed to get nonstop pouring rain. We ended up with almost 2 inches of rain and just nasty wind the whole weekend. So needless to say no work at the cabin without a boat. So instead we had a relaxing weekend. Today we've got snow all day and 30's. It's not sticking but it's just crazy to see it be a beautiful winter day in April. Oh well. I'm sure I'll be complaining about the heat soon enough. We had friends a little north of us in Michigan that got a lot of ice and lost trees. Then some friends more north in Michigan got a TON of snow. Just never know.

We have some plans this week but hopefully I'll get a new start worked in. I had my hubby pick from 3 pieces on my YOW (Year Of WIPs) list that I hadn't started yet. He picked this one...
It's from Erica Michaels. It is a postcard design in honor of the 20th PALs Retreat in Myrtle Beach. So hopefully I'll get some time to make some progress on it. I hope everyone reading this has a great week. Hope the mojo stays with all of us so progress can be made.

8 comments:

Justine said...

Ocean in a Bottle is gorgeous, I really love her designs. Erica Michaels is another favourite. Your husband made a good choice!

Brigitte said...

Awesome, your progress on the bottle. This is such a beautiful project. And what your DH picked for you is just as great.
Not so good that you couldn't work at the space for your future cabin - but a relaxing weekend is also in order :)))

Clare-Aimetu said...

great work, I just love the sea colours

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Your Ocean in a Bottle is looking fantastic Katie.

Maggee said...

Yeah, the weather definitely drives what I do also... it is windy and cold today... I am still in my pajamas! But after I finish reading blogs, I have to drop off a card in the post office and get a few groceries... :( Love the progress on Ocean--you will be finished in no time at all! Look forward to the MB one now... I have been busy kitting up my Maynia Smalls... think I only have 5 left to do! I will take a picture when they are finished! Thanks for sharing! Hugs!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great progress on your Bottle, hope the mojo stays around for the new beachy piece.
Your weather is mad, we have a heatwave now, started the day the kids went back to school!

Astrids dragon said...

I'm loving your bottle, more and more!
And I thought Maryland was crazy with the weather, nice to have another crazy weather club member!

Rachel said...

So excited to see so much progress on Ocean in a Bottle. Love those little shells and how the ocean animals are becoming a bit clearer. Definitely a good purchase! :)