Jul 18, 2018

July YOW Update

This year I joined a new to me Facebook SAL in a group called Soulful Stitching. They have a fun SAL called YOW which stands for Year of WIPs. The goal is to finish at least half of your list. You have to have a minimum of 15 items on your list. It was too hard to pick 15 so I picked 20 things I really would love to finish this year. Throughout the year we update our progress April 18, July 18, October 18, and then December 18 or there after is a drawing for the people who have finished half and posted the updates correctly. I finished my 2nd update today on the group and figured I would share here too.

1. August Snapshot
Finished this one now...
2. Cabin Fever
Got a 2nd day of progress on this...
3. Camping Out -- No Progress
4. Christmas Celebration -- No Progress
5. Christmas Jars -- No Progress Still 2 Jars Left
6. December Snapshot    -- Already Finished for April Update
7. Durene Jones Calendar -- 6 of 12 Parts Finished
Working on July now. Took an update picture all of them together...
8. Halloween Sampler -- No Progress
9. Hold on to Hope   -- Already Finished for April Update
10. July Snapshot   -- Already Finished for April Update
11. Myrtle Beach Postcard
Made some progress. Finished the back panel...
12. Ocean of Wisdom   -- Already Finished for April Update
13. October Snapshot -- No Progress
14. September Snapshot -- No Progress
15. Spring Bell Pull
Progress on the N Block...
16. To the Beach  -- Already Finished for April Update
17. Under the Sea SAL -- No Progress
18. Where Stitching Meets -- No Progress
19. Winter Messenger  -- Already Finished for April Update
20. You are Loved  -- No Progress
So let's recap...
I've worked on 5
I haven't worked on 9 
I have 7 finishes now!!!

11 comments:

Rhona said...

Yayyy....seven finishes....congrats! I really do love the Durene Jones calendar designs....they look fantastic all sitting together like that.

Justine said...

You're doing much better than me! Not one finish yet... I love the August postcard, it's one of the prettiest yet.

Rachel said...

Slowly but surely... 7 finishes so far puts you in a good position for 10 by the end of the year. :)

Preeti said...

Lovely WIPs. You are doing well with finishes and I hope you will complete your target this year.

Faith... said...

You are doing great! I have confidence that you can finish three more before December!

Amy said...

You've made fantastic progress!!!

Carol said...

Such great progress and very cute finishes, Katie! At this rate, you'll have a record year :)

Mii Stitch said...

You're doing so well! Great progress on lovely projects.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work on your YoW, you have picked some lovely designs and done really well with finishes already.

Renee said...

I love seeing your progress. Congratulations on 7 finishes!!! There is no doubt you will complete half of your list. Your Myrtle Beach Postcard made me grin because my sister was there last week. :)

Astrids dragon said...

Easy peasy for you! Great progress as always.