Aug 27, 2018

Monday Update

Last week I posted my finished Skeleton face. I finished that up Wednesday. Thursday I pulled out the Spring Bell Pull and worked on it. Friday I heard another WIP calling my name and pulled out You are Loved again. I worked on it a bit Friday in the middle of packing and getting ready for the weekend away at the cabin. I took it along with me because it's at that point where I might as well finish it up. Saturday we had some plans but we woke up at 5am to pouring heavy rain so we canceled our plans for the day. It rained heavy until the afternoon. I heard we got 2 inches of rain. I never see standing water at the campground and boy it was everywhere...
 
 
The top picture shows where we normally setup our tent. Another time we were sure glad we didn't have it setup. It was sure a horrible day. But we made it a fabulous day! Fred finished up my chair and the pretty purple paracord on the arms instead of the ugly worn rubber...
We watched 3 movies we had really been wanting to watch together. Plus I got a ton of stitching time. So we made it a good good day. Jeremiah didn't even get changed out of his pjs so he was a happy camper he said. Just the day we needed. We did go out and grab pizza for dinner but that was it. Very relaxing.

My last post showed the before picture on You are Loved. Here I am now...
So close. See why I'm keeping it out until it's finished. Can't put it away now can I?

Sunday the heat was back on. It felt like 100 degrees again. So we started to work on the remaining bits of our deck roof and stopped quickly. We did get the front metal on though...
 
It definitely gives it a more finished look now on the front end. We have one more section to add to the back part that is above the cabin but we decided it could wait till it was cooler. My Uncle and friends were able to get my grandparent's extended roof all finished up during the week. I forgot to get a picture of it though. I will next time we are there. It looks wonderful. So another wonderful weekend even though it rained and rained.

This week it's hot hot hot again. This coming weekend it's supposed to cool down a little bit and it's Labor Day weekend here in the US. We are going up to Michigan to camp with friends in their yard. We will miss our cabin but it will be nice to hang out with our friends. Hope everyone has a great week. I'm hoping to have a finish to report soon.

8 comments:

Carol said...

Glad you were able to make what seemed like a gloomy day into a fun one, Katie! Enjoy your trip to Michigan--hope the weather cooperates :)

Mii Stitch said...

We had a Bank Holiday weekend too here in UK and the weather was miserable too (except that is expected for us!). I have been keeping busy stitching too :) I am glad your weekend ended up fun despite the weather.

Faith... said...

LOVE that big front porch you guys have! It looks awesome and I am sure it is wonderful being able to do it yourself or knowing people who can help you with it! Glad you guys managed to make it a great weekend despite the weather!

Rachel said...

Ah... sounds like the rain was meant to be so that you could do more stitching! Good luck with finishing your piece soon; I'm glad it's already found a home! :)

Bethan said...

Sounds like a really relaxing day! Your porch looks amazing; it's awesome you can make it yourselves x

Julie said...

Your cabin looks such a lovely place to enjoy.

Astrids dragon said...

Silly weather, lately it's been either raining or way too hot! I'm so ready for fall.
Fred did a great job on your chair, the purple looks good.
Nathan loves those pj days too, it's the perfect day to stay inside together.
Don't tell me you were even thinking about putting away You are Loved?! So close is right, yay!
The deck roof is looking good, but I couldn't imagine working on it in that heat.
I hope you had a fun weekend with friends, we did!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You Are Loved is looking fantastic! I can't wait to see that one finished.