Sep 10, 2018

Monday Update

What a wonderful weekend. We decided to take the weekend off. We got a TON of DVR shows watched. Plus I got a TON of stitching time. So I showed you my WIP of the September Durene Jones piece Friday afternoon in my last post. I was able to get it finished up and put together Friday evening...
(Finish #22) September 7th, 2018
September from Durene Jones Calendar
Freebie available on her FB Group
Stitched on 14ct Ecru Aida
Threads are suggested DMC
Started Sept 4th. Took 4 Days.
 
I can't believe I only have 3 more of these to do. I've enjoyed them so much. Sure seems to make the year fly by when I have a cute little monthly to stitch up. 
 
Saturday morning I started the September Snapshot from Pine Mountain Designs. Here is what it will look like...
Here is where I got with Saturday and Sunday full of stitching on it...
Here we are with a new week. We plan on getting out our fall/Halloween decorations this week. We finally have had nice temperatures and we even had to be long pants on this past weekend. We are getting a little warmer this week but only like low 80's instead of high 90's so we'll take it.

If you are on the East Coast of the US please be careful of this hurricane that's coming. Sure sounds scary. My favorite place to vacation OBX, North Carolina might get a lot of damage. I guess we're glad we aren't vacationing there this year after all. I hope everyone stays safe and the damage they are predicting stays small. We were there for Hurricane Matthew and they said it was nothing compared to this one. Scary.

Have a great week! Hope we all find time for those fabulous X's. 

10 comments:

Brigitte said...

And now the little hedgehog design is already finished. Looks lovely. And nice progress on your September snapshot.

Sasha said...

Oh, that September is sooo cute! Great work!

Carol said...

That hedgehog just makes me smile :) Beautiful stitching, Katie!

Yes, the hurricane sounds frightening. We go to OBX each year, too, and I sure hope the hurricane goes around them!

Astrids dragon said...

I think this one is my favourite month! Bring on fall!
The snapshot for September is cute, it reminds me of Nathan waiting for the bus.
I think we're just getting rain from the storm, but I do worry about the coast. Nature can be very scary!

Julie said...

The little owl in the Sept snapshot is sweet.

Sally said...

Beautiful stitching Katie. That little hedgehog is so cute! Love your start on the snapshot.

Bethan said...

Great work for your weekend. You made such great progress on your snapshot x

Kaisievic said...

Okay, Katie, the peeps need to know - what did you watch this weekend?

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a great stitching weekend. The hedgehog looks wonderful but all that backstitch!!

Rachel said...

It's amazing what a weekend of stitching can produce! Great finish and new start. :)