Nov 21, 2018

Thanksgiving Finish

Last week Erica Michaels posted on her Facebook page. She has received 2,000 likes and celebrated with this adorable freebie. I knew I would have to stitch him up. I kitted up the threads right away and on the way to the Hoosier Retreat I bought a piece of 40ct fabric to try to stitch on. I thought this one would be a perfect trial for it...
(Finish #28) November 20th, 2018
2018 Thanksgiving Freebie on 
Erica Michaels Facebook Page
Stitched on 40ct Ivory Fabric Flair
Threads are Suggested DMC
Started Nov 18th. Took 3 Days. 
 
I got to try not only over 2 stitching but a little bit of over one on the 40ct. I must admit I enjoyed it. I used 1 thread of DMC and I really love how it looks. I want to make a little pillow out of this one but I will wait until I get a new sewing machine....Santa Do you hear me?
 
Yesterday we ran to 3 stores and gathered all our turkey day goodies. I just finished making everything that could be made ahead. Deviled Eggs, Veggie dip, and Mom helped get the veggies chopped and ready to go. Now we have to wait till tomorrow to eat all the goodies......that's the hard part. Happy Day Before Thanksgiving!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Great for your thanksgiving. We don't have that holiday, next is Christmas with only a few weeks to go. Happy stitching!

Rachel said...

It's a great little finish and just in time for the special event. Hope you enjoy your long weekend of celebrations. :)

Julie said...

Sweet finish, perfect for your family day. I hope you had a lovely time.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Cute finish. I really like 40count, even over one.

Faith... said...

Love your Thanksgiving finish! You are brave to work on 40 count!!

Astrids dragon said...

Adorable, perfect for Thanksgiving! Over one on 32 is my favourite, but 40 works too.

Bethan said...

What a great little finish x