Dec 21, 2018

It's Almost Time!

2 Sleepies till we head down to my Dad's house for our Christmas traditions to start. Fred (hubby), Jeremiah (son), and me head down to stay overnight with my Dad and Step Mom for the night before the night before. We watch movies together with National Lampoon Christmas Vacation a requirement. Christmas Eve we do presents with them in the morning. Then about noon we head over to my Dad's parents house to help load up all the goodies. My family has grown so large we rent a community building for our Christmas celebration. We go setup and help carry all the food in. 2pm the rest of the family shows up and we laugh and eat food together. The kiddos all get presents and make a lot of noise haha. My mom's family is now past but we used to eat the evening meal with them. Now though after the Elshire side is done celebrating we head home to fight sleep for the final night of sleeping till the big day.

We still believe in the magic of Christmas so the presents are put out after everyone is asleep. (Thanks Santa!) So Christmas morning when we come downstairs we are always amazed at the sight. Jeremiah's eyes are my favorite thing to see that morning. He just lights up with excitement. It's time! I love that Christmas feeling.

Tomorrow we are going as a family to gather some last minute groceries, eating lunch out, and relaxing together so I figured I better pop in today with an update before the Christmas excitement is full on. It's IHSW (International Hermit Stitch Weekend) starting today. I got all the stuff I needed to get done done yesterday so today I'm going to curl up with my stitching and watch movies/TV all day. Tomorrow I will probably get more time in the afternoon. Sunday will be busy busy so no stitching then.

So what am I working on now that I finished up the Durene Jones Calendar...
This pattern is from Rovaris -- Please Santa Stop Here. I have 2 Days of progress into it now...
The fabric I'm using is 18ct Polished Brass Gold Aida from Zweigart for this one and I love how it's turning out.

I hope everyone reading this has a very Merry Christmas! or Happy Holidays! whatever you may celebrate. Thanks for being a reader on my little blog. I enjoy posting here so much but the comments make it worth it. The friendships I have made on this blog are very special ones indeed.

14 comments:

Carol said...

Your big family Christmas sounds like a lot of fun, Katie. My son's girlfriend's family does the same thing--they are so big that they rent out a fire hall :) Everyone helps set up and brings something so it is not so much pressure on the host.

Merry Christmas to you!

Ariadne said...

Enjoy the holidays. Merry Christmas. AriadnefromGreece!

Unknown said...

I love your Christmas stitch and great progress. Merry Christmas and happy stitching

Cathy said...

Merry Christmas! Enjoy all your Christmas traditions; they sound like fun!

jhm said...

Enjoy your celebrations! Merry Christmas!

Julie said...

Have a really fun time with your family Katie
Love and blessings to you all xx

Clare-Aimetu said...

Merry Christmas🎄 have a wonderful time with your family.

Rachel said...

I hope you're having a lovely time with your families (and not missing stitching too much!) I love your new piece and, even if you don't get it finished by Christmas I'm sure Santa will stop by your house anyway. Merry Christmas! :)

Faith... said...

I hope you, Fred and Jeremiah have a very Merry Christmas with your family! We do the same thing with with putting out some presents and stockings on Christmas Eve after the boys are in bed so there is a bit of a surprise on Christmas morning.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I hope you and your family had a Happy Christmas.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a wonderful Christmas tradition! Nice new start too, very festive!

Astrids dragon said...

Wow, your family knows how to celebrate, good for you all! I love the Santa pattern.

Bethan said...

Your big family Christmas sounds amazing! National Lampoon is on our must watch list, as well as Muppets Christmas Carol. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas x

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

I can't wait to read the next blog to find out how your holiday went :D