Dec 27, 2018

New Finish and Christmas Stash

Guess what I finished just a little bit ago today...
(Finish #33) December 27th, 2018
Please Santa from Rovaris
Stitched on Zweigart 18ct Polished Brass Gold Aida
Threads are Suggested DMC
Started Dec 19th. Took 6 Days.

I love how it turned out. I can't wait to finish it off into a pillow like the leaflet photo shows. This will more than likely be my last finish of 2018. I'm really happy with 33 finishes for the year. I will be back sometime before the new year for an official wrap up post hopefully.

I did figure I would go ahead and share my Christmas stash happiness that I received...
I got a new sewing machine!! It says easy threading system and has an instructional DVD even. One review said a lady got it for her grand daughter and she could operate it without adult supervision so that's hopeful that I just might be able to figure it out haha. In this photo is some fabrics I also got, new scissors, new fabric cutter and a replacement blade for it, some ribbons, some thread, and a pile of DMC that was in my Advent Countdown boxes.
New Stash from Mom. Let's see from the upper left is Primitive Hare Black Pearl Mermaid, Nebby Needle My Country Tis of Three, Lizzie Kate's A Little Beach, 2 New Q-Snap huggies. Back to the left Rovaris Sea, Hands on Design Oh Say Can you Sea, 2 of the Little Bits Seasons by Erica Michael's the other two seasons still haven't arrived from my order I placed in September! A new set of QSnaps so I can leave one at the cabin, last row shows a cute kit from Romy's Creations that I can't find a link to. It's a little hedgehog that you stitch on a wood design, a sticker that says I love Cross Stitch, and a neat bag with a see through part so you can see what's inside the pouch.
Fred got me 3 adorable new dragon charts from Etsy...Top 2 are from LoLaLottaShop Lighthouse Dragon and Pirate Dragon. Let's Drink Beer from Imaginating came with a hint that it would look really nice in our cabin. Last one is Dragon Eye from EvasDesignsBg.

I'm one happy girl! I've decided I'm going to start Dragon Eye on New Year's Day if I can wait that long....or it could be New Year's Eve haha.

Better not leave out Jeremiah. His most exciting things are a new gaming chair and a pile of new games to play...
He didn't know how much he wanted the new gaming chair. I sat in his old one and noticed the padding was gone. He is in love with this new better padded chair plus it's green (kind of lime green) and that's his favorite color. Fred got several new HAM radios that do things I don't understand but he's happy and that's all that matters to me. Mom got some new games that we've enjoyed playing. We all got some movies and some other goodies that I can't remember right now of course. It was a perfect year. We were together and healthy so that's what really matters. We definitely had a very Merry Christmas!! I hope you did too.

12 comments:

Julie said...

Lots of lovely new goodies.
A super final finish for this year.
That looks a comfy new gaming chair - does it help you to win better!!

Cathy said...

Santa was really good to your family this year. Enjoy the sewing machine and all your new stash. Congratulations on the 33 finishes for 2018!

Rachel said...

Congratulations on your most recent adorable finish and a fantastic 33 finishes this year - has it really been that many?
Santa was definitely kind to all of you. I was tracking his progress on google and thought he stopped for a long time in Indiana! I wish you luck turning some of your UFOs into FFOs now that you have a new sewing machine, and am not jealous in the slightest of any of your new stash. Good luck waiting until New Year's Day to start Dragon Eye - you know you have the patience!
Finally, hi Jeremiah! Hope you are finding your fab new gaming chair comfortable and enjoying all your new games! You've probably been taught to share but in this instance I think you should keep that chair to yourself (but don't tell mom I said that!!) :)

Renee said...

Congratulations on 33 finishes! That is fantastic. And what a Christmas stash! I look forward to watching your stitching progress throughout 2019 and seeing what you sew with your new machine! I am SO glad you all had a wonderful Christmas. Wishing you and your family an amazing New Year!

Mary said...

33 finishes are amazing. I know how good that feels. Glad you and your family had a wonderful Christmas and hope you all have a Happy New Year.

Clare-Aimetu said...

What a lovely blog sharing your finish and stash, great news about your new sewing machine. Jeremiah, you look very happy in your new chair, wishing you hours of fun!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the Happy Dance for the latest finish! I think I've got 27 for this year so far.
Great festive stash for you all. Love that lime green chair. My son got a gaming sofa! He is far too dangerous on anything with wheel and trashed the last chair which we bolted to the ground by bouncing on it! The frame bent so it became a recliner LOL. We found a mini sofa in a charity shop so we are trying that out. Sofa so good LOL

rosey175 said...

Congrats on your 33 finishes! You've got a great haul for Christmas. Do you ask for charts or do they know you well enough to buy and hide? Jeremiah's chair is awesome. Mine's just a boring black one that doesn't even recline, hah.

Astrids dragon said...

Fabulous finish, and an excellent choice to make it 33!
You received quite a haul, they know how to keep you busy! The Dragon Eye looks awesome, what a great way to start the New Year. I hope you love your sewing machine, I know how to sew straight lines and that's about it.
Jeremiah does look happy in his chair, he'd get along great with my boys with all that game playing!

Faith... said...

You must have been a real good girl! I am so glad you got your sewing machine and it is a bonus that you don't need adult supervision; that means Jeremiah won't have to supervise you!

I just LOVE all your stash and it seems like everyone in your house got lots of good stuff! Love Jeremiah's gaming chair too!

Happy New Years to you and your family!

Bethan said...

Well done on 33 finishes! And such a great set of Christmas gifts. I love Jeremiah's chair - such an excellent green x

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

Soooooooooooo, I feel I might need Black Pearl in my life...like, maybe need is too light a word? haha!

Jeremiah has the same elated smile on his face as my oldest son did when I bought him HIS gaming chair about a thousand years ago (he's 35 years old now) :D