Dec 28, 2018

December Smalls SAL and 2019 Smalls

The last Friday of the month is a check in for the Smalls SAL. Even though Heather (the host) hasn't been around several of us are still continuing because we love this SAL. I really hope Heather pops back on soon and hosts again next year. If not I think several of us will just keep posting anyway haha.

This year I decided to do another year long monthly type design. I picked Durene Jones Calendar which Rachel stitched last year and I fell in love with. I got December all finished up this month...
Here are all 12 finished now...
I finished all but one on time and that one the stitching was finished just needed to assemble it the next day. So I definitely call that a success. I just love how they turned out.

Next year I'm sticking to a year long monthly design but this time I'm not doing one set I'm doing two!

First up is the Lizzie Kate Flip It Stamps...
I'm also doing a set from Sand, Sea & Cross Stitch Book for mom that I will call Nautical Year. This photo is one I found online to show what it will look like...
I'm going to do each set into individual pillows like I did with the Durene Jones Calendar.

16 comments:

Mary said...

Your finish turned out so cute. Can't wait to see your progress on the next 2 monthly series.

Amy said...

Your year of smalls finishes are so adorable! Way to go getting them all stitched AND finished, even with everything else you guys did this year!

Rachel said...

Yay, not only 12 finishes but also 12 finished-finishes; that's fantastic! I'm glad you enjoyed the series, and know you will definitely enjoy the two you have planned for next year. I'm with you, if the Smalls SAL doesn't run in its usual form I'll keep posting anyway. :)

Ariadne said...

Oh I have Sand sea and cross stitch too and so want to stitch from it! Maybe I will follow you!AriadnefromGreece!

Claudette497 said...

They look fantastic all together! What a great series - I'm looking forward to seeing your next sets!

Cathy said...

Congratulations on finish finishing all your smalls on time (or close enough)! I like your choices for next year's smalls, especially the nautical one.

Julie said...

Great monthly plans for the new year. The nautical one is superb.
Well done on this years pillows they look amazing.

Unknown said...

Love the set you did this year, they are all very cute, I like your beachy set you have planed for 2019. Happy new year and happy stitching!!

Astrids dragon said...

These are so adorable, they're in the back of my mind to stitch them!
Nice choices for next year, I really like the Flip It ones.

Renee said...

Congratulations on finishing all of these! I look forward to watching your progress on the next 2 sets. They are darling!

Aurelia Eglantine said...

It was a joy watching you stitch the Durene Jones Calendar this year and both of the new designs you've picked are beautiful - I'll look forward to watching you stitch those too :) Happy New Year!

Faith... said...

Two great sets of monthly designs! I look forward to seeing them all stitched up and made into little pillows.

Faith... said...

Forgot to say CONGRATS on finishing the Durene Jones set!

Bethan said...

I look forward to seeing both these sets stitched up! Little pillows seem like a great idea x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The December Small is adorable! I love next year's choices tzoo, especially the nautical themed designs. That really is something a little bit dffierent.

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

It's all so wonderful! You keep showing me the Durene Jones and I'm almost convinced I need that in my stash :D