Dec 30, 2018

December WIPocalypse

Today is the last Sunday of the month. It's also the last Sunday of the Year. The WIPocalypse SAL is a fun one with the purpose for us to finish all our WIPs before the Apocalypse. I'm pretty sure I will hold it off forever with the stack of WIPs I have.

In January I had grand plans. I always do at the beginning of the year. But I really stuck to it pretty good. I picked out my list of 20 projects for the Soulful Stitching Group and wanted to get as many of those finished that I could. I finished 12 of them! So I'm very happy with that. I also didn't start a lot of unplanned pieces throughout the year.

Let's see which unplanned projects I couldn't avoid...

Ocean in Bottle I bought and started in March. It was too cute to pass up. Beer Dragon had to be in my life along with 3 seasonal pieces (Snowy Visitor Foxwood Sleds, Thankful Pumpkins, Turkey Time Freebie from Erica Michaels) in November but I did finish up the seasonal pieces. 2 pieces (Durene Jones 3D Ornament, Please Santa) popped up this month that I hadn't planned but again I finished both of them. I've finished 33 projects this year. So I'm happy with that!


So let's see what I've worked on since November 25th the last WIPocalypse check in...

Beer Dragon from Paine Free Crafts -- 4 Days. I'm back on this one right now. So I will wait and update this one later with a hopeful page finish.

Christmas Celebration Sampler from Frosted Pumpkin-- 2 Days. Just couldn't get into this one. Hopefully sometime in 2019 I will finish it off. Here is where I'm leaving it right now...
Snowman Cubed Ornament from Durene Jones -- 7 Days Start to Finish...
Durene Jones December Calendar -- 4 Days Start to Finish...
Please Santa Stop Here by Rovaris -- 6 Days Start to Finish...

Before last year I counted all my WIPs in my tubs. I had 75. I marked off 9 from the list. I have added 5 new ones to the tubs so now I have 71 going into 2019. No I haven't counted the tote of things I have in my stash that could be started. No I'm not going to either so shush haha. I've picked 36 pieces for my new YOW 2019 list. But I did it right this year (mostly). The Lizzie Kate and Nautical year count as individual pieces. So does full coverage pages like Beer Dragon. I will be back to reveal my choices I picked out beginning of 2019. I can't wait to see what lovely comments I get in 2019. Thanks for reading my blog. I love writing it!

12 comments:

Rachel said...

Ah, so you've finally admitted how many WIPs you have! It's a few more than I thought but at least it's not in triple digits... yet! And it's not as if you haven't had any finishes either so it's definitely been a good year for you - woo-hoo!
I'll look forward to reading your big plans and big reveal for 2019, and finding out what you will be starting, stitching and would like to finish. And, of course, I'll be cheering you along. Here's to 2019. :)

Janet said...

Katie... you did a great job!!! I look forward to joining you in 2019 with these SAL groups if I can figure them out. Lol

rosey175 said...

You've had a great year of WIP busting. I'm interested in the tub of things that could be started ahaha :D I think everyone has Grand Ideas in January, it's part of the fun of a new year for me. Seeing what happens during the year can be fun too, even if it's not as planned~

Pink Rose said...

Hi Katie wow amazing work my friend ,i love seeing your beautiful finishes,well done.
I hope you can get into finishing your xmas sampler asnit looks so pretty,love the reindeer in the borders.

Julie said...

You've had a great year Katie.
I do enjoy visiting and seeing what you have been working on and your family travels.
Wishing lots of happy times in 2019

Carol said...

It's been fun following your progress in 2018, Katie--so many wonderful finishes and pretty new starts. Wishing you and your family every happiness in this new year ♥

Cathy said...

You've had a really good stitchy year and 2019 looks to be even better. I also have grand plans in January. Will they all get done? Probably not! But we'll have fun trying!

Faith... said...

33 is quite an impressive number Katie! Congrats on so many finishes. That is a lot of WIPs but at least the number has gone down!

I am looking forward to seeing and cheering you on with your 2019 list of pieces to stitch!!

Mia said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR, Katie!!!!!!!!!!

Cathy said...

Congratulations on having a successful stitching year in 2018. I love looking at what you are stitching. I hope the Heron is hiding in your tub somewhere.

Astrids dragon said...

You certainly know how to keep busy! Impressive 33 finishes, let's see what this year brings.

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

Maybe you need to pass that Frosted Pumpkin on? To say, moi? I mean, I'm here for you if you need to not stitch it anymore...just sayin' :D