Jan 2, 2019

WIP Wednesday

It's that weird time of the year where I have no idea what day it is.....well to be honest I'm like that most the time haha....but with Fred having this day off and that day here off I'm so confused. But I looked and today is Wednesday. So instead of a Monday Update you get a WIP Wednesday sound good?

In my last post I said I was working on Beer Dragon. I put 600 more stitches into this one in 3 days. This finished up the 1st page...
Beer Dragon from Paine Free Crafts
Finished Page 1 of 30
Stitches in 4,800 now which took 11 Days
Fabric 32ct Lambswool Jobelan 1 Thread Over 1 Complete X
Reminder of what it will look like...
I had a New Start for the New Year planned but I wanted to wait until the 1st to start it like I was supposed to.....for once haha...So anyway Monday I pulled out an old WIP that wanted attention...
Wish Upon A Starfish I'm stitching on 25ct Soft Pink Lugana since it's fully covered. I started this one for the January challenge in 2015. Here I am with it now on Day 7...
This one will be finished this year....hopefully.

It was finally the 1st and time for my New Year New Start. Here is the one I picked...
Let me introduce you to Dragon Eye from EvasDesignsBg on Etsy. This one is a Christmas gift from my hubby 2018. I'm stitching it on 32ct Lambswool Jobelan 1 thread over 1 complete X. Here is the first 200 stitches in...
We were watching movies and went out to eat and get some groceries so my progress wasn't as much as I wanted of course. But it's a start at least. It will be back on my Q-Snaps soon.

Today though I want to start one of my new monthly sets. Hang on I'll have Jeremiah pick which one.....he picked out mom's Nautical Year set.

I know I haven't posted my new plan for 2019 but there is a WIPocalypse update on the 6th where we talk about our plan so I figured I would just wait and do one big post. Hang in there. Plus honestly I keep editing my plan anyway. Have a great rest of your week. I'll leave you with a picture of us ringing in the New Year...
Mom, Jeremiah, Me with Fred in front taking the photo. Let's make a great 2019!!

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh, you were such a good girl waiting until 1st January to start your new project, and I love it (of course!) Each time you post a progress picture you'll make me hang my head in shame that mine has been unloved for so long!
Good luck with finalising your WIPocalypse projects; I can't wait to see what you've got planned for the year. If this post is anything to go by I think there might be a heavy bias towards dragons and beaches! :)

Julie said...

Super fun pic of your lovely family.
I can't keep up with what day it is either.
Lots of lovely stitching you've done this year so far.

Cathy said...

Reading your post just reminded me that it's Wednesday and time for an update of my own. See, I forget the days too, especially when you throw a holiday in there.

You're working on some nice projects. I'm glad Wish Upon a Starfish is getting some attention again.

Claudette497 said...

DH has his days off all scrambled so I keep thinking today is Sunday. I admire your restraint in waiting to start something, especially such a striking pattern! You're having a nice dragony start to the year!

Pink Rose said...

Hi Katie,wow beautiful stitching and awesome family pic xx

Pam said...

You've made great progress on your dragon & starfish. Love your new start! Happy 2019!! May your stitches be smooth & never have to frog!! : )

Justine said...

I feel as if I deserve a new year start now! I was determined not to have one and to finish some of my WIPs. I love your Beer Dragon, he is so cute.

Bethan said...

Oh wow - the Dragon Eye looks like a great piece! Wishing you and your family a wonderful new year x

Faith... said...

Looks like a happy family going into the new year! |

I just love both of your Dragon pieces and I am looking forward to seeing more of the Dragon's Eye! Looking forward to seeing your 2019 plans!

ps...sorry I am sooo far behind!

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

Can I just scream with glee here? *Screaming*

Now that is out of the way I just have to say that your Beer Dragon is going to be AWESOME, and Wish Upon a Starfish is adorable and hope you do finish it this year.

Dragon Eye.....BECAUSE DRAGON! I am in love with the blue :D