Jan 3, 2019

Blog Fun

I thought I would make a quick post to share all the fun blog things I will be joining in on this year.

On the 1st Saturday of each month Jo is hosting the People's Choice SAL. You can go to Jo's Blog to post your link up if you join in. Each month will have a theme and you make a post with whatever you feel comes to your mind for that theme. Right now the upcoming themes are...

January -- New Starts
February -- Hearts
More Coming Soon

On the 15th of each month Jo is again hosting the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL. You can go here to sign up. Jo will post a link up on the 15th if you would like to join in you can just link up. The idea of this SAL is to share all things you have either received as a gift or are stitching as a gift for others.

International Hermit Stitch Weekend or also known as IHSW is the 3rd full weekend of the month. The link up for this one is now located on a Facebook group and the Wonderful Jo posts a blog link up on her blog for the bloggers who don't Facebook too. The idea of this SAL is to warn your family grab your stitching and stitch the weekend away. Post your before and after progress to show how much you were able to get done. Great excuse to avoid chores...for just one weekend a month.

On the last Friday of each month Mary's Thread is hosting the 2019 Smalls SAL. She has taken over for Heather who started this wonderful SAL. The idea for this SAL is stitch up something small each month and maybe even get it finished off. Then at the end of the year you will have 12 finished finishes. I use this one as an excuse to stitch up a small monthly design all year to display to represent the months throughout the year. This year I'm doing two sets. One for me and one for my mom. I'm trying to do them in the month they are for and keep up which we all know is the real challenge for me.

On the last Sunday of each month is WIPocalypse on Measi's Blog. Go here to sign up. The idea for this SAL is to finish all our WIPs before the Apocalypse. I think the more we have the more it holds it off. I've noticed a lot of different ways of participating in this one. Some people pick a list of 19 projects for 2019. I use this as an excuse to keep track of how many days I've spent working on what WIPs. I have 71 WIPs in my tubs waiting to be stitched. My goal as always is to finish as many as I can throughout the year. I tend to add new ones throughout the year to make sure the number never gets to Zero just to be safe.

I'm also participating in Soulful Stitching Facebook group's year long challenge called YOW which stands for Year of WIPs. There are some rules but basically you pick more than 18 projects. Post a photo of the starting progress by Jan 18th. There are some goals throughout the year like you get entered in a drawing if you finish 3 by April and 6 by July. At the end Dec 18th if you have done everything correct and finished more than half of what you picked you get entered into more drawings. It's a great push to finish up some WIPs that you want finished. Last year was my first year joining in. I finished 12 of 20 I picked out.

The only other thing I can think of is the wonderful Jo (who as you can tell is a pretty awesome blogger to follow) also tends to post really fun blog hops on her blog throughout the year. She will post information about them before it's time to join in. I would definitely suggest watching her blog if you don't already. They are always so much fun to participate in.

So any fun blog SALs that I missed? Please share if you have a different one. I love blogging. I started blogging in 2005 and here in 2007. I write my blog like I'm writing a letter to a friend that stitches. If you read it Thank you. I love all the great comments. I count many of you as real friends even though we've never met. We are a great community.

15 comments:

Janet said...

Katie... great post. I look forward to joining you on some of these blogs. It’s going to be a fun year!!!

Rachel said...

I knew you participated in a lot of SALs but didn't realise quite how many! I only do two but I do enjoy reading them all and appreciate the work that goes on behind the scenes. Love your idea about keeping your WIP basket full so stave off the end of the world! :)
PS you missed off TUSAL.

Astrids dragon said...

So much fun for the whole year, that will keep you busy. I have good intentions, but I'll be happy if I just post!

Pink Rose said...

Wow Katie you sure are going to be busy,I look forward to seeing your progresses xx

Sasha said...

This will definitely keep you busy!

jhm said...

I have one that I love. WE pick a big project that we want done and show the progress every 3 weeks. That's it. I also show other smaller projects thru the year as well. Anyhow, once a project is done, time to choose another one - usually a WIP but not always.

DJ said...

So many good things to choose from!! I've already signed up for a few challenges, and may have bit off more than I can chew...but I will definitely be doing Gifted Gorgeousness again. I like the smalls idea, and your Mom is going to be such a lucky recipient of that challenge! I'll be watching your progress! Have fun!!!

Julie said...

You'll have lots of lovely work to show us over the year. I better sign up to GG.

Cathy said...

Lots of stitching in your future! I participate in the Christmas Ornie SAL where you stitch an ornament a month following three different themes, one of which is the 12 days of Christmas.

rosey175 said...

You love your SALs! I'll be joining in GG again and have tossed around the idea of IHSW (through Jo's blog). I used to do it waaaay back when it first started, which might as well be a million years ago in Internet time, but have since fallen away from it. I'm glad you're saving us from the end of the world with your WIPs!

Amy said...

These are great SALs! I had been thinking of joining Year of WIPs on FB, but surprised myself by finishing a few more things than expected last year. I've also always enjoyed everyone's WIPocalypse posts, and I do qualify for that one, so I might join up. Thanks for posting your list!

Bethan said...

Lots of great SALs - thank you Katie for sharing this post of all the SALs out there to join in x

Faith... said...

Looks like lots of things to keep you busy during the year! I will post in the Christmas Ornament SAL once I start my LK, Jingles. Since it is 12 charts Kaye lets me post one each month so that helps me a bunch!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a great selection of SALs, thanks for the shout-outs!
Of course, we can now add Rachel's FFO SAL to the list. She's inspired me already this weekend.

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

Your post makes me laugh! After putting in all of Magical's dates for stuff, there's WIPocalypse, TUSAL, and I still have put all the blog hops into my planner yet! Our friends sure do keep us busy :D