Dec 3, 2018

Monday Update

Last week I spent Monday and Tuesday on Beer Dragon. Got in 600 more stitches those two days...
Now I have a total of 4,000 stitches in. This makes Day 8 Progress now.

Wednesday I started a new piece that hubby got me to go along with the Frosted Pumpkin Halloween one I finished up earlier...
I bought a piece of 32ct Meadowlark Linen to stitch it on because I fell in the love with the color of it. Here is my 2 Days of Progress on it...
For some reason I'm just not feeling this one right now. So away it goes for now.

Thursday we took a craft break together and did this fun Pirate Excavation kit we had found while traveling at some point. We ended up also doing a 2nd smaller kit we had. It was a lot of fun...
The pirate goodies ended up pretty darn cute. We really enjoyed it even though it was a lot of work to get them out of that block haha.

Saturday we were hoping to go get our Christmas tree. We go to a local tree farm and pick out one. It was raining a pouring cold rain so we decided to wait and come back Sunday. Mom and I started our Christmas shopping and shopped till we hurt everywhere instead. It was sure a lot of fun to run around together. I cherish those memories.

Sunday it was a beautiful sunny and even mild weather day. So we loaded up to try the tree farm again...
We found the perfect one and got it all decorated. So thankful for my wonderful family.

*Edited for Rachel*
Sorry Rachel I thought I was including too many photos so I left that one off. Here it is. Jeremiah said Thanks for asking...

Now it's a new week. Who knows what it will be bring. We have a few days of going here and there planned. Hopefully we all get done what we want to. Have a great week if you are reading this.

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Beer Dragon is growing nicely. I love the background too - so much less 'blocky' than usual backgrounds.
Shame you're not feeling the Frosted Pumpkin Christmas piece (maybe that pesky dragon has something to do with it?) but you've made a great start and will hopefully get the vibes to return to it soon.
Your tree looks amazing (as always) but it's waggle finger time... where's the photo of Jeremiah putting the star on top??? :)

Sasha said...

Love the dragon! It is slowly emerging!

Rachel said...

Tradition and Jeremiah are important so thank you for the edited update! :)

Faith... said...

That certainly is a lot of stitches in two days!

Love the picture of Fred holding Jeremiah up to put on the star. LOVE your tree decorating outfit too!

Rachel said...

Beer Dragon looks so impressive! Glad you found the perfect tree.:)

Astrids dragon said...

Your Christmas Sampler looks like fun, but it looks like the Beer Dragon has your heart!
The Pirate Excavation looks like fun, Jeremiah's working hard! I bet all my boys would like it too.
Your Christmas tree looks great, especially with the elf you have helping you!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Oh what fun to choose your own tree and bring home. We have an artificial one each year. I love the pirate that Jeremiah made. Your projects are looking lovely too.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Katie i am your nestest follower hope you will visit and follow me too. Gee what beautiful work you do ,i love cross stitch but i dont do much anymore.
Love your tree up and it looks so pretty decorated,hope you have a lovely week.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The dragon is growing nicely. I wonder if all that white border is putting you off the Christmas design?

So glad that you added the extra photo of Jeremiah topping the tree off! We'll get our's a little nearer to Christmas, it doesn't have roots so we don't want it too early.

Julie said...

Your new dragon is progressing well.
A family outing to choose a tree sounds wonderful, you all did a great job, its beautiful.
Enjoy your festive plans xx