Feb 10, 2019

February FFG

Today is the first check in for the FFG. What's the FFG you might ask? Rachel started this awesome new blog SAL called Fully Finished Gallery. It's the push I need to finish finish my stitching. When you finish a stitched piece it's easy to just throw it in a bin and let it sit. It honestly scares me to death to sew. 2 years ago I got into a fight with my sewing machine and gave up. I just couldn't get the stupid thread to load right. You have to be able to do that step to sew a straight line and that's all I wanted to do. I do know one in hand method of finishing so I do that as much as I can but I really had this idea of how I wanted to finish things. So I talked with Santa and agreed to be a good girl (stop laughing). I asked for a new sewing machine for Christmas. I got a new Brother sewing machine that the reviews said that kids could do it unsupervised. If they can do it so can I right?? I was scared to death but Friday I got my living room setup as a finishing studio and got to work. Well I over thought everything until early afternoon and then I got to work. TADA I did what I wanted to do. I'm one happy stitcher!!! Now to actually finish the 50 plus some pieces laying in my finished bin...
That's just a quick picture of the many many pieces waiting. I have some work to do! But it will be so worth it in the end. I want to enjoy those pieces instead of just hiding them in a drawer all the time. I did all the stitching so they are worth finishing and actually displaying.

So this is the push I need. Thanks Rachel!!! Stop over to her check in post to see what other people have done and maybe even join in yourself. The new check in posts will be on the 10th of each month.

So let's see what I have finished since the beginning of the year so far...
Plus the last one I'm really really excited to share....
But I can't. I'm saving it for Jo's Valentine Blog Hop. Trust me though it's finished....I LOVE it! It's on display. I catch myself staring at it. Come back on the 14th and you'll be able to see it finally.

So to explain my finishes so far two are from a Nautical Year set that I'm doing for my mom. The first and last photo. I did them as a pillow ornament with a 2nd panel of Aida on the back and I add the outline of the pattern and the date like the top picture shows. I can do this finish in hand and it's fast and so easy to do. The 2nd one is a Lizzie Kate Flip It Stamp set I'm doing for myself this year. The sea turtle is a Mill Hill kit I finished as a magnet. The other finished piece will be posted for Jo's upcoming Valentine Blog Hop so please come back to see it.

I'm close to a finish on my February Lizzie Kate piece maybe later today so I'll be able to include that next time.  Here's hoping I can join in each month and get those beautiful finishes finished finally.

14 comments:

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

You had sewing machine issues as well? Up until Valentine's of last year I had been the owner of a possessed machine that refused to do sewing properly regardless of what I did!

I am so happy you have a machine that is good to you and easy to use!

Pink Rose said...

Hi Katie i always love seeing your beautiful work,well done my friend xx

Cathy said...

Lovely finished finishes! I have always had a sewing machine, but like now, it's usually buried where I can't get at it.

deb said...

Your finishes look great! And congratulations on the new sewing machine - it's so frustrating to fight with a machine that refuses to work work with you.

Astrids dragon said...

Well since you're a big kid at heart, you found the perfect sewing machine!
Your finishes all look great so far, you've got plenty to keep you busy. I'm looking forward to seeing them all come together.

Mini said...

Well done on conquering your fear of the sewing machine. Let me share a secret, I can't use the sewing machine to save my life. My husband does all the sewing work in the house .

All the finishes are lovely but I'm confused now.Are the finishes in these post FFOed using the sewing machine because I saw them in earlier posts also.

Rachel said...

Thank you for joining in with this SAL. I love your mini pillow finishes. It's not a technique I've tried yet, as I love using fabric for the reverse, but I'm sure I'll give it a go one day. I hope your new sewing machine lives up to expectations; 50+ pieces to fully-finish should keep you, and it, busy for a while! :)

Mary said...

Wow! You were super busy. They all look wonderful.

Sheryl said...

Great finishes Katie and just think of all those pretty stitcheries that you can now finally complete having made friends with your new machine. 50 odd will keep you busy for a while.

Faith... said...

Great FFOs Katie! Looking forward to seeing your Valentine FFO!

Julie said...

You've really got to grips with the sewing machine and finishing. It'll be lovely to see some older pieces fully finished as the year moves on.

Janet said...

Love your finishes!!! I look forward to this SAL also. Next month...

Sue said...

Love your finishes. After seeing the ones you are doing for your mum, I dug out the book and I'll be starting with March. You won't know yourself soon with your new sewing machine. I've got a Brother and it's a real work horse.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Rachel's SAL is a great idea. She inspired me to get some scrapbookind done too.
Your little pillows are lovely, very good idea to make them as you go and not save all 12 until December!