Mar 15, 2019

March Gifted Gorgeousness / IHSW


It's the 15th of the month which means it's time for a Gifted Gorgeousness Update. Another wonderful Jo SAL that has a beautiful purpose. For us to share things we are stitching as a gift or things we have received as a gift. Stop over here to see what others have posted about.

So let's see what I have that fits for this post this time.









The lovely Astrid had posted this cute hedgehog pattern. I commented on how much I love hedgehogs and she offered to send me the pattern...
The wonderful Carol from Stitching Dreams hosted a Giveaway and I was the lucky winner of this pattern...
It will be my first Just Nan pattern.

So I was very lucky indeed this past month. As far as stitching gifts I finished my mom's March pillow and she has it proudly on display...
Other than that I've been busy working on Ocean in a Bottle trying to finish it up.

This weekend is IHSW (International Hermit Stitch Weekend). It's the perfect excuse to warn the family, grab the stitching, and spend the weekend doing nothing but stitching. Chores can wait till Monday. They will unfortunately still be there. Look at where I am now on Ocean in a Bottle...
SooooOOOOoooo Close!!!! Just a bit more stitching and that last page of backstitching to finish up. I'm so excited. We do have some shopping plans on Saturday but other than that I will be stitching, stitching, stitching. Have a great weekend and I hope you find crafting time.

15 comments:

Mini said...

Lovely gifts received . You are so closed to finishing Ocean in a Bottle?
Is there a pattern for Message in a bottle, its a theme I would love to stitch.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Katie great you were so lucky and boy your work is wonderful,look at that beautiful bottle,well done my friend on all your beautiful work xx

Sue said...

What lovely gifts from your stitchy friends. Your mum's March pillow is lovely. Ocean In A Bottle is just stunning!

Faith... said...

Ocean in a Bottle is looking great Katie! Cute designs you received there.

Christine said...

Great gifts! Ocean in a bottle is looking fabulous

StitchThrifty said...

Beautiful gifts! The snow faces is too cute. You are a quick stitcher!! Ocean in a bottle is beautiful, I love watching the progress.

Elfie said...

Lovely stitching.

Rachel said...

Lovely gifts both received and given.
Good luck with IHSW and finishing your Bottle. Can't wait for your Monday update to see if you were successful! :)

Julie said...

Ocean in a bottle is stunning.
Congrats on the wins, enjoy the JN, they are so pretty when stitched up.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month with some lovely gifts. Well done on winning Carol's giveaway, that is one of the few Just Nans I don't have LOL. Hope you really get into stitching them all now.
Love Ocean in a Bottle, I am sure IHSW will see a finish, or finish a SEA.

Janet said...

You are so close!!! I am so proud of you.

Carol said...

I saw your ocean finish on IG, Katie--really loved it!! Congratulations... enjoy all those lovely gifts! So glad you're looking forward to the Just Nan snowmen :) It is one I really should stitch myself!

Ariadne said...

Love, love , love, how the ocean develops!Congrats for winning.AriadnefromGreece!

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

I'm behind in my blog reading, but I'm excited to see if the bottle gets a finish!

Astrids dragon said...

March has been good to you, more fun stitching to start!