Apr 15, 2019

Gifted Gorgeousness and Monday Update

Today is the 15th of the month which means it's time for a Gifted Gorgeousness update. The purpose of this SAL is to share things we are either making as a gift or have received as a gift. Stop over to Jo's post here to see what everyone has shared this time around. Let's look back and see what I can share that fits that theme...

Bridgette from Stitchthrifty sent me this awesome pattern...
It's called Adjust Your Sails. I had it on my list of things I really wanted to stitch for my mom. Bridgette was kind enough to gift me the chart. I can't wait to start it just have to wait till after our vacation. So hopefully middle of May this one will be started.

Rachel sent me this awesome package full of birthday presents...
I'm doing the "right" thing and waiting till my birthday to open them. Believe me though I'm DYING to see what's inside that beautiful wrapping.

I finished up Mom's April nautical pillow and she happily has it on display...
She also stole an Easter pillow I recently finished off...
So I guess that counts as a gift now too haha.

That's it for the gifted gorgeousness post. Thanks for stopping by. See ya next month for another post. I've sure been lucky lately with receiving wonderful things.

Now onto the Monday update part of this post. Last week I worked on the Lizzie Kate Flip It Stamp for April. I finished it up Wednesday...
I must say again how much I love this series. The little buttons are so cute and fit so well in each month so far. I'm using 14ct oatmeal Aida and DMC threads for this series. After finishing up my two monthly pieces I started a cute Easter themed biscornu. Hopefully I'll have it finished before Jo's Easter Blog Hop which will be posted this coming Friday so stay tuned for that.

We had our first official cabin weekend of the year. Jeremiah was so happy to be back down there. We went down Friday night after Fred got off work. We stayed up till late just talking about the exciting plans we have coming up. Saturday we helped start with putting new metal on the barn...
We are replacing the older metal and the wood with the pretty red metal you see on the right side of this photo. My dad came out of the barn and told Jeremiah he thought he seen the Easter Bunny hop by so he better go check...
He was lucky enough to find a bucket of yummy things. We also helped with planting two new Cypress trees that will grow in the pond water. It will be so much fun watching them grow together. The pond is really coming along fantastic...
It's filling up well from natural sources. We've been getting a lot of rain and every drop helps. Dad has already put 6 large crappie and a bucket of minnows in the pond. We will be working on the grass getting it all leveled out and replanted soon. There is a long list of things to do of course.

We had two close friends surprise us and stop by to visit. So Saturday we went out to dinner together. They are going with us on our Vegas trip so it was nice to talk about plans together. The weather was horrible rainy Sunday. We had a family function to attend. An extended family member passed away very suddenly. It was a sad gathering but nice to see everyone who attended. Just a reminder to enjoy every day while you can that's for sure.

Now we are in the busy busy rush to get everything done before we start our trip Sunday. Can't wait but so much to do first. Got a great start on getting a lot done today at least. Now to survive the wait and finish everything else on the list of to do's. Have a great week!

13 comments:

Elfie said...

I've had a lovely visit. I enjoyed seeing your barn. We used to have a farm that 2 hrs drive from home, and we used to spend most weekends there, growing olives and veggies. It was a great time in my life. Your gifts given and received were all lovely.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I knew that chart was perfect for you! Can't wait to see you start it. Your Mum is really helping with this SAL too, if she's not giving you gifts, she's helping herself to them LOL.

Jeremiah looks like he got a good stash from the Easter Bunny, can't guarantee my Blog Hop will be the same though!

Christine said...

Great stitching, and the new sampler pattern is lovely

Rhona said...

What a pretty chart! Love your stitching. Can't wait to see what's in those pretty packages for your birthday.

Mini said...

Wow you are patient , I would have failed to resist opening the gifts.

Meari said...

Beautiful stitching, Katie. Congrats on your finishes!

Ariadne said...

Adjust your sails looks so beautiful. I will have to stitch it one day too. AriadnefromGreece!

Carol said...

Such cute finishes, Katie--and you have one lucky mom to benefit from all of your stitching :) Looks like you are going to have a summer filled with fun at your cabin--enjoy!

Faith... said...

It must be nice to have someone that really appreciates your stitching, even if they do help them self to your finished pieces! LOL Her collection will soon be bigger than yours! Great chart from Brigitte and I can't wait to see what Rachel sent for your big day!

Happy Easter to you and the family!

StitchThrifty said...

Happy Easter! I can't wait to SAL on Adjust your Sails with you!

Julie said...

So many pretty things in this post Katie, its been lovely to see them all stitched up.
Lots of fun adventures look forward to now it's cabin season.

Astrids dragon said...

What a great pattern you received, perfect for you!
I'm so glad you were able to spent time at the cabin and get some things done, the pond is looking good. Even better that the E.B. knew where to find Jeremiah!
Sorry about the loss of your family member, although nice to see the family I'm sure.

Rachel said...

Lovely gifts and progress. I agree with Faith; it must be nice having someone who appreciates your stitching so much that they want to steal some of the items you finish. At least you know they're still in the same house so are fairly easily retrievable if necessary. :)