Apr 10, 2019

April FFG

It's the 10th of the month and time for another awesome blog SAL. The purpose of this one is one I really needed. A kick in the bum to finish up my stitching instead of just letting it hide away in my box of shame. I love the push and definitely find myself thinking Oh I need to get some pieces finished for the 10th. It's the perfect excuse not to put it off. Thanks again Rachel!!

Stop over here to see the other beauties that have been created this time around. Now let's see what I have to report on this time.

First up this time was a fun finish. I finished up a Jim Shore Mill Hill Snowman called Snowy Owl Snowman. I thought about gluing it to something to display it better and I was wondered what to use. I had made the suggestion to mom and she remembered this Christmas tree my Grandpa had made long long ago. So I tried it out and personally I LOVE how it turned out. I actually haven't put it away yet because I just love looking at it...
At my stitching retreat I finished up two little Easter freebies. I knew they just had to be on display for this year's Easter season. On the 4th I setup everything and got busy. The two Easter pieces were first up...
Happy Easter from AlitaDesigns
Fabric under pillow is on the back.
Bunny from Durene Jones 
Facebook Page Freebie 2019
Fabric under pillow is on back.
This one was quickly stolen and displayed on Mom's shelf. I had to beg to just get the photo.

I got these two finished up and went over to my box of shame to see what wanted to be pulled out and included this time. 
Finished on  Jan 17th, 2013 -- Kit from 
Dimensions called Dog's Love
I had this cute dog print fabric and finished this one like a tuck pillow so you can see the fabric from the front. I didn't do a very good job at all getting it straight on the sides but once I filled it with stuffing you can hardly tell so I'm happy with it. Plus it's an old finish finally getting to be on display instead of hiding away. 

I've also finished up Mom's Nautical Monthly pillow...
We are putting the older months into a small basket so they can still be displayed on mom's shelves throughout the year...
So 4 new finishes and 1 from my box of shame.
  So let's recap so far for the year...
 February -- 5
March -- 6
April -- 5

After much torture when I realized my count was wrong somehow. I found out I forgot to report my February Lizzie Kate Stamp on my March post. So I really have 6 for my March post. I finished it the evening of the 10th. So I have really completed 16 pieces this year because of this SAL. That's fantastic.

14 comments:

Loretta said...

You did great!!! Love all your finishes!!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice work on the FFO'ing. I need to sort out my post soon!

Julie said...

You really are doing well with the finishing this year Katie. The doggy print fabric is so perfect for the pillow.

Ann C. said...

Nice work finishing so many this month.

Aurelia Eglantine said...

Love all of your finishes! Your snowman is especially cute, I love how you were able to add extra meaning with your Grandpa's cute tree :) I haven't finished a single thing yet this year - but I have high hopes LOL

Mary's Thread said...

Everything looks great! The seagull on April is really pretty. Your dog pillow also came out really nicely! And what a clever use for the Mill Hill cardstock piece-I think I have that kit-I better make mine!

Faith... said...

Beautiful finishes Katie! Congrats on so many FFOs so far for this year.

Suzanne H said...

You are really racking up the finishes. Everything is beautiful.

deb said...

So many finishes - so much to be proud of! I especially like the snowman - he's adorable! - and the nautical monthly pillow.

Carol said...

Wow! You have had so many lovely finishes, Katie! I am loving the whole nautical series so much--the April one is adorable with the little bird :)

Rita said...

Wow, impressing. Congratulations to all your finishes.

Janet said...

I am loving all your finishes.

Astrids dragon said...

I love the bunnies, so cute!
I don't remember the Dog's Love, but you finished it beautifully!

Rachel said...

A belated but big thank you for participating in this month's SAL. As usual you have created some lovely finishes, and with the perfect backing fabrics! Your FFO count for the year so far is quite impressive! I wonder how many more of your projects your mom will nick once they have been FFO'd and how many she will 'allow' you to keep for yourself?! :)