Apr 8, 2019

Monday Update

After the retreat I was kind of burned out I noticed. I had so much I wanted to be stitching. It was just a LOUD growl from all the pieces from my new stash purchase while at retreat. I knew it was the start of April so I needed to get my two monthly sets done first. Since my laptop hard drive fried Sunday night when we got home I spent Monday working on getting everything fixed. It's back to normal now though thankfully. Tuesday I started Mom's April pillow and just noticed I wasn't into it. My brain was doing everything but letting me focus. So Wednesday I took the day off. No stitching. Plus I found a new Facebook farming/building game which I wasted my time on. I needed the break though. Sometimes just a brainless day is exactly what's needed.

Thursday I got everything setup and finished some more pieces for the FFG (Fully Finished Gallery) coming up on the 10th. Then I picked up the nautical pillow and finally was excited to stitch again. Friday I got it finished up...
We are putting the other months in this little basket and I love how they look together in there...
Probably have to put them in a bigger basket when I get them all finished but this one is working for now.

Saturday we went down to the cabin to do some work. It was a beautiful weather day finally with high temps finally in the 70's. We replanted 6 big trees. Hope they take off good in their new spots...
Fred had a HAM radio event to attend in the evening so we came home instead of staying the night. We are already talking about going down this weekend. Jeremiah is excited to stay in our cabin for his first night this year again.

When we got home I had received a package in the mail from the lovely Rachel. She said she was going to send me something for my big 40th bday coming up in May. How sweet. Look at these beautifully wrapped goodies...
Rachel said I could open them or wait. I figure it's only right to wait. Right? I can't wait to see what she sent. Thank you so very very much Rachel.


Sunday I got to work on my Lizzie Kate April. I had a great day of stitching and here is where I got on it...
2 weeks from today we will be on the train to Las Vegas. I can't wait! Have a great week!! Be back on the 10th to share my finishes with you all.

7 comments:

Julie said...

April is a lovely finish, they look great in the little basket together.

Cathy said...

Sometimes, everyone needs a break and I'm learning that forcing myself not to take one and/or change projects just means I get less stitching done.

I love the basket of Seaside Stitches. Have a great week!

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

Oh presents!! From Rachel!! I would wait to open them too :D

Carol said...

Oh, your trio of seaside finishes is so darling, Katie! What a fun series this must be :) I bet you can hardly wait to open those gifts--wow, 40 sounds amazingly young to me!! You still have a few weeks left in your 30s so I won't rush you :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your pillows look lovely in the basket. A big Birthday is always exciting! What are your plans? I bet they involve the cabin LOL

Astrids dragon said...

Nothing wrong with taking a break, you don't want the frog to come visit if your mind isn't with it!
April looks great and the basket is perfect for them... for now.
Excitement at the cabin, I don't blame Jeremiah for wanted to be there.
Oooh, the big forty coming up, planning something fun?

Rachel said...

A break is definitely what's needed sometimes but personally I couldn't bear the thought of not stitching for a whole day! But it did its job and your stitching for April so far is looking great.
I bet you're all looking forward to your first weekend at your cabin... and this year you don't have to build it! :)