Jun 23, 2019

Day 2 of Longest Hermit Weekend Marathon

Another wonderful day full of stitching yesterday. I did some other things mixed in so I noticed a little less time spent but that's okay. Let's see what I worked on...
Mom was first to pick and she picked Wish Upon a Starfish. I started working on it at 10:30am. Goal was to work on it for 1 hour. Finished 11:30...
2nd Jeremiah picked 99 Bottles of Beer. Fred will be happy to see this one out again. Looks like it hasn't been out since 2015! I had 45 bottles stitched...
Told Jeremiah to pick a number 1 to 4. He picked 4 since he's a slave driver. Started at 1:15pm since we stopped for a lunch break. 2:35pm I finished the first bottle and admitted my first fail. I wasn't going to stick with it to do all 4. It would have took way too long from my marathon. So we all agreed I could stop after finished up the first one...
Even though those bottles are little there are a lot of color changes. I forgot that.

3rd Mom picked 4 Seasons by Erica Michaels...
Goal for this one was pretty easy to pick out. Finish filling in the background of Winter. Started 2:50pm finished 3:35pm...
Next Jeremiah's pick was Merry Noel by Hinzeit a new start. I set the goal of finishing Merry and the background behind it...
I was really excited to start this one. But I noticed I was getting a little sidetracked. Fred talked to me for a bit. He's having a really great time at his radio event. I started this one at 3:50pm. I think I stopped at 4:30pm to get dinner started and do some other stuff. Got back to it 6:35. Finished my goal 8:05. Another one that was hard to put down. Won't take much at all to finish this one quickly. It's so small...
Mom picked Park it Here a cute beach chair from Noteworthy Needle...
Goal was to finish the shell stitch along the right side of the design. Then I just need to do a nun stitch around the edge and put it together. Love this thread. It's called Confetti. Started 8:30 Finished 8:55...
Last one for the day was picked by Jeremiah Salt Water Taffy. A piece I just LOVE working on. Love the bright colors. Here it was before...
Goal was to finish the mast and the small section to the left of the mast. This goal was hard to set. I wanted to do a lot lot more haha. Started 9:20pm Finished 10:45pm...
Another one I really wanted to just keep going on haha.

So 6 more projects for a total of 12 now. Love it!!! Mom keeps trying to cheat because there are a few she really wants me to work on haha.
 
I watched 11 shows today. Finished Riverdale on CW and started SWAT on CBS.

Back at it today. Fred will be home sometime this afternoon. We have a wrestling pay per view to watch tonight. So should be another great stitching day. See ya tomorrow with my wrap up post. 

6 comments:

Shebafudge said...

Wow, you have got some good progress on all those projects. Hope you are all well. I am going to try to go back through and catch up with some of your older posts.

Julie said...

Well done, great progress on them all. Nice to see Taffy out again.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Wonderful work on your second day. I focused on my Mappe.
Doing each bottle individually seems like a good idea but I think doing colour by colour for a row at a time would be more effective. Just don't try to drink the whole row at once!

Faith... said...

I can't believe how much stitching you are getting in per day considering you are switching out pieces. You are doing great and tell your Mom that she is the Mom / Grandma so she should know that there is NO CHEATING! LOL

Rachel said...

I'm so happy that day two was just as successful as day one regarding both the number of projects worked on and the progress made. I think we can forgive your little 'failure' with 99 bottles as it freed up time for stitching on more projects which was, afterall, one of the points of this marathon. Love everything! :)

Astrids dragon said...

Another productive day. I can see why it's so hard to stop on some of them and move on! And yes, you'd think the bottles would be quicker, but lots of colour in them.