Jun 24, 2019

Day 3 of Longest Hermit Weekend Marathon

Here is the wrap up post for my last day of the Longest Hermit Weekend Marathon.

Progress is progress but I definitely slowed down Sunday. I also got a late start since I made a yummy breakfast real fast Sunday morning and spent some time chatting with Mom about my weekend of stitching. So let's see what I worked on...

Mom picked Cabin Fever a Mill Hill Kit. I was hoping this one would be picked because I need to finish it so I can display it in my cabin. Beginning Photo...

My goal for today was the fish section in the top left corner. I started on it at 11:30am. Stopped at 12:50 after realizing something was wrong...
At the very beginning I did the brown square outline. Guess what? It's wrong. So the whole inside of the section is wrong too. No fudging it since it will affect the way it fits in the frame I have plus it will throw off the lower sections. Very frustrated with myself. I don't normally make mistakes but boy I sure did this time. Over an hour of time wasted! So instead of continuing to work on it I put it away. I will fix it later and hopefully make some actual progress. Grrrr.

We had lunch real fast. Then next up Jeremiah picked a paper that said New Start. I had 5 new starts picked out that I would like to do soon. (From the million haha). I laid them out on the couch and let Jeremiah and Mom both fight over which one I should start haha. I already knew which one mom would pick. She'd been eyeing it since Friday morning. So finally I got started on this one...
Beach Ball another Mill Hill Kit. I was nervous honestly I had just screwed up with a Mill Hill kit. What if I did the same thing with this one. My goal was to work on it for an hour since mom loves it so much. Here is where I got...
I counted, counted, and counted it again. It was right haha. Finally. Started at 2:00pm ended at 3:00.

Mom picked next and it was another Mill Hill. How funny to have so many picked in a row...
 
The above photo is where I was at the start. Goal for this one today was to finish the sailboat square on the top right......hopefully counted correctly. Started 3:30pm Ended 5:00pm after a lot of counting to make sure I was right haha...
 
 After this I took a dinner break. Plus hubby got home and I wanted to hear about his weekend. They really had a great time and a nice turnout. He was happy but tired and stinky since the shower wasn't working. So he happily took a shower and I got back to stitching.

Jeremiah picked out Polar Bear Ornament. This is another 3D Durene Jones Ornament. I have finished one before if you remember. Here is what this one will look like...
Goal was to do the middle red part. Started 7:00 and finished 8:15pm...
After that one Fred was finally joining us and we were settled in for the WWE pay per view. I let him make the last pick. He picked out Hinzeit Love 2 Stitch which he said was obvious after my stitching filled weekend. Here is what it will look like...
My goal was to finish the outline of the design. Started 8:25pm and stopped 9:15pm...
I decided to wrap it up after this one. I was honestly tired and just ready to watch the rest of the show. So overall Sunday I worked on 5 more projects for a total of 17 for the weekend! What a blast. I loved each one. The torture now is deciding which one I want to work on again first. So many of them are screaming for attention now that I teased them.

I've discovered a few things. I don't like keeping track of time. I feel pressured. I like to look away. Check Facebook. It takes forever to load things and get the piece ready to be worked on. Sometimes I would think I'll be ready in two minutes and 15 minutes later I was still getting the piece in my QSnap, the chart on my chart holder, and the threads ready to go. I like the just relax and stitch. It was so hard to put some of these down when I met my goal. I really wanted to just say screw it and keep working on it. I loved the whole thing though. What a blast. How fun to push myself and work on so many different things. It was a fantastic weekend for both hubby and me definitely. Now we are really looking forward to this coming weekend because we both missed our cabin time. I even got a message from my Step Mom and Dad on how much they missed us haha.

5 comments:

Julie said...

What a shame you have to revisit the Mill Hill Cabin and make good a mistake. Perhaps that's the one to take to the cabin with you this weekend for inspiration and getting it completed and on show.

Faith... said...

You did a great job Katie! I was exhausted following your progress on FB and now reading the recap I am totally impressed by your dedication!

17 projects and only one mistake; I think that is great!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

How frustrating about the cabin block! The rest looks awesome though.
I really like this method of choosing projects, especially when the whole family gets involved!

Rachel said...

Congratulations on completing your marathon stitching weekend with five more lovely projects, including one you know your mom was desperate to see started! Just try not to think too much about the error; it won't take too long to correct.
It's certainly been a lot of fun watching your progress and achievements and you deserve a big pat on the back for your self-discipline, especially given that you weren't too keen on clock-watching.
I hope it's an idea that catches on and would love for you to do this again, although perhaps over only one or two days instead of three? Who knows, if the timing was right, I might even put aside my own stitching plans and join you! :)

Astrids dragon said...

Hey now, no frogs allowed for the marathon! At lease it's fixable, but still a pain.
I'm loving everything you're stitching, I know it's hard to stop and start something else.