Jun 24, 2019

Monday Update

I figured I would do a separate Monday Update post since I have some other things to talk about too. I posted on Wednesday and showed you guys my progress on Adjust your Sails. So I already shared that. Thursday though I was trying to decide what to work on. My marathon was coming up and I had everything organized so pretty I figured I better not pick something from the papers in my tin. I looked through my other WIPs and seen this oldie...
Remember I got these gorgeous two pieces of tie dyed fabrics from Heather (Oh I miss her blog!) and then I asked everyone what I should stitch on them that would show the beautiful fabric colors. Our lovely Jo twisted my arm and reminded me of these gorgeous dragons from FireWing Designs. So I was forced to purchase two and they were the perfect fit because the fabric would show through just gorgeous. Here it was in 2015 when I worked on it last...
2015! How could I ignore this beauty so long. I worked on her for awhile and here is where I got when I put her down for the night...
I'm stitching her over one with two threads. I'm pretty sure the fabric is 28ct. I really need to actually work on this one more. Of course I say that with all my older WIPs don't I? Shush at least I love my stitching haha.

The weekend was fantastic. I had a blast participating in the Longest Day SAL merged with IHSW (International Hermit Stitch Weekend). Fred had a blast at his radio event. It was a nice time.

Now it's a new week. I hope you all have a great one. I'm off to try to decide what I want to work on haha.  Thanks for stopping by and following my craziness.

5 comments:

Julie said...

I don't remember seeing these before, what stunning fabrics and lovely thread colours you chose to compliment it.

Faith... said...

That is beautiful fabric and your dragon looks great on it. The stitches look so delicate.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Yes, I was right - this looks stunning! So glad that you got a chance to work on it again.

Rachel said...

Yes, perfect designs for the perfect fabrics! Two more I'm sure will be added to your 2020 YOW list! :)

Astrids dragon said...

OMGoodness, I don't remember this one, it's gorgeous! The fabric is perfect, such beautiful colours.
chanting... I don't want this, I don't need this, I might have to get this...