Jun 25, 2019

#24HoursofCrossStitch June Challenge

So I was looking through Instagram this month and started seeing this new hashtag #24HoursofCrossStitch. I was curious of course so I got to looking. I think the group started with a 24 hour long marathon event. They tried to stay awake and log 24 hours straight of stitching. I think they were on the 3rd time doing it when I found the group. I was going to be busy the weekend of the marathon so I knew I wouldn't be able to join in that. The lovely owner of the Facebook group had setup a separate month long event also. Some time before the end of June you needed to fill in this form. The only requirements was to fit your projects into the letters and stitch a minimum of 24 minutes or 120 stitches on the pieces. Now that is goals I can do. I was so excited and ready to go. I always loved homework in school and this was adult hobby related homework. I mean she made a printable!!! How perfect!
After my weekend marathon I was able to completely fill in the acrostic of course. So let's see what I officially reported for my participation...

T - Salt Water "T"affy by Joan Elliott
This one fit easily since there is a T in the title.
Worked on for 1 hour 15 minutes

W - "W"ish Upon a Starfish by Designs by Lisa
Another that fit easily with the letter in the title.
Worked on 1 hour

E - "E"mbers by FireWing Designs
Fit Easily with the letter in the title.
Worked on 4 hours

N - Adjust Your Sails by Little Dove Designs
This piece has a "N"autical theme. Tada it fits.
Used Stitch Count for this one. Worked toward the max of 2400 stitches.
Goal met and then some with 3,121 stitches!

T - 4 Seasons Winter by Erica Michaels
This piece is "T"iny!!! 40ct silk gauze
Worked on 1 hour

Y - June Lizzie Kate Stamp
This piece is part of a "Y"ear long set.
Worked on 7 hours 35 minutes

F - "F"ree to Be Me by Val's Stitching Stuff
Back to an easy fit. Letter in the name of the pattern.
Worked on 2 and a half hours

O - 99 Bottles of Beer by Ink Circles
Had to think hard for this one.....Hey It's 99 Bottles of Beer "O"n the Wall. Works.
Worked on 1 hour 20 minutes

U - Halloween Mini by Artecy -- Vampire Face
Another hard letter to make work......"U"gly Monster Face. It's a stretch but they said anything works so I'll take it haha. Hubby also said he is "U"ndead so that would make it work too.
Worked on 3 hours 30 minutes

R -- Polar Bear Ornament by Durene Jones
Stitched with "R"ed thread for this whole time span
Worked on 1 hours 15 mintues

Since I've just posted all of these photos in the last few days I won't post them all again. I really really enjoyed this challenge. She just announced the challenges for July and guess what there are 3 different ones to join in on!!!! I can't wait. A new acrostic and two month long fill in calendar challenges. It's a very relaxing kind group. So far I love the challenges and they aren't stressful like some of the others I've seen. Just fun to try to plug in what I've already worked on or want to work on. They said that's the point. Have fun. No stress.

I think I will try to plan ahead more for the acrostic next month. I was worried since the randomness of my marathon I had planned so I waited and plugged them in after for this time around. I'm already thinking of some to fit in next time though. It's a great push to get out some different pieces.

I've noticed several others that I read their blogs are joining in the group too. I look forward to seeing what we all come up with. It's fun and that's what matters!!

7 comments:

Cathy said...

Sounds like a fun challenge, kind of like the Harry Potter and Hobbit ones that encourage you to stitch on different items based on loose requirements. Have fun figuring out July.

Rhona said...

What a great challenge! I don't think I could do the 24 hours of stitching one though....I need my sleep!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I've joined the group too! I love the idea of 24 hours of stitching but I do not love the idea of the small boy bouncing around for 24 hours as he can't sleep without me!
I managed the June acrostic because of the marathon too. July will be harder but I adore the daily celebration challenge. I will have to see what I can do for that!

Faith... said...

Sounds like a fun challenge! 24 hours would be a no go for me but the month long SAL sounds perfect. Looks like you had a great plan.

Faith... said...

Do they use the same word, Twenty Four, each month?

Rachel said...

I love this idea (well, not the 24 hour part!) as much as I love following the HP and LOTR homework clubs.
Sometimes I wish my own stitching plans weren't quite so strict as, given the fun and stress-free nature of this SAL, is one I might consider joining. But, alas, my mind is not wired to simply chop and change at random (it might be one day!)
In the meantime I'll simply enjoy watching everyone try to shoe-horn in their own WIPs; sounds like anything goes! :)

Astrids dragon said...

This is perfect for you! I don't think I'm that organized, both in stitching AND my life right now!