Jun 28, 2019

June Smalls and Update with a Finish

Today is the last Friday of the month which means it's time for a Smalls SAL update. For this SAL we are to stitch up a small piece each month. Hoping we will have at least 12 little finishes each year. I joined a few years ago and used this SAL as a perfect excuse to stitch up monthly pieces for the whole year to display on a seasonal shelf I have. This year I'm stitching two sets. One for my mom and one for me.

Mom's set is a Nautical set (of course haha) from Sand, Sea, and Cross Stitch book. My set is Lizzie Kate Stamps.

Here is Mom's June all finished up...
Here is mine all finished up...
I enjoyed both of them yet again. I really look forward to stitching them every month. Almost time to start the next pair.

I just finished another piece that will qualify as a small too Wednesday...
(21) June 26th
Beach Ball Mill Hill Kit
2019 Spring Bouquet Collection
MH18-1916
Using Kit Materials
Stitched on Perforated Paper
Started June 24th for Longest Day Marathon Weekend. Took 2 Days.
Right now I made it a magnet but we talked about finding something to glue it to like I did the snowman Mill Hill earlier this year. We'll see. I backed it with cardboard to make it more stiff and Mom has it sitting on her shelf unit in her living room.
Yesterday I pulled out Cabin Fever Mill Hill. Remember during the Longest Day Weekend Marathon I made a mistake with the section I was trying to stitch up...
I made a mistake on the outline of the section so everything was off inside of it. It took me forever to rip it out. I had to be careful so I didn't hurt the paper underneath the stitching. I finally got it out and restitched though.....correctly even haha. Then I did a little bit more on the fire block in the bottom right section too. Here it is now...
Here is a reminder of what it will look like when finished...
Perfect for our cabin right? I know. For some reason I just hit a done wall with these larger Mill Hill kits. I was working on it yesterday for a long time and then my needles just say Okay I'm done. I don't know why. So I put it down. I at least made some nice progress on it finally.

We are off to our cabin for the weekend as soon as hubby gets off work today. Supposed to be a hot one this weekend. Glad we have AC! I'll pack some stitching just in case I have time to work on it.

See ya Sunday for a WIPocalypse update. Have a great weekend.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

So glad you've kept up-to-date with your two monthly sets, and even finished the beach ball (why doesn't that surprise me?!) Well done for correcting Cabin Fever so quickly too. How ironic you should be stitching a lovely log fire when summer's in full swing!! :)

Mary said...

Your finishes are so cute. I love your Mill Hill finish, so cute for summer. It is always a pain when you have to rip out and start over, especially on paper, but it looks wonderful.

Faith... said...

So glad you got your MH piece all straightened out!

All your finishes look great Katie!

Pink Rose said...

Hi Katie wow so loving to see your beautiful work,you are very clever my friend xx

Astrids dragon said...

I love your June finishes, especially the bee hive!
Now I really love the beach ball, that crab is so adorable. I think I'll have to get that the next time I head to my LNS.
I'm glad you got your cabin fixed and it will be perfect for YOUR cabin! I never started mine, probably because we haven't been to the lake in over a year, not sure when/if we'll go again.

Bethan said...

Oh the beach ball is rather fun! Great smalls stitching x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Well done on keeping up with both series and sorting out that damn frog!