Jun 3, 2019

Monday Update

Last week I decided to work on Wish Upon a Starfish. I had it packed with us on our Vegas trip. I also took it down to the cabin at least once. But it just never seemed to make it out of the bag. I decided it was time to get it out and get some stitches in finally. Last time I had it out was Jan 14th...
I decided to make my way toward the bottom left of the design this time. After 3 days of work here is where I got...
I reached the bottom left and started my way right. Over the weekend at the cabin I actually found time to stitch...
This was inside our cabin in the morning. Fred was helping dad with a lot of big tasks that I couldn't help with very well. Jeremiah was watching a movie and I stitched a little bit. Then we moved out to our porch since the day was gorgeous. Jeremiah read a book and I stitched some more. I finished the back panel down there Saturday. Sunday when we got home I started working on the front. Here is the piece now...
It was another fun weekend down at the cabin. I got another sign up that I got for Christmas...
This is by the front door inside of our cabin. Fred and Jeremiah did some log splitting this weekend...
I was on a mission to get a photo of this little wren that nested in this cute gnome face my Grandma got...
Found a cute frog. I told it to leave my stitching alone please.
Finally got a photo of the adorable wren peeking out at me. This coming weekend we have a graduation to attend so we will miss a weekend at our cabin. But getting to see friends makes it worth it indeed. I hope everyone has a great week!

6 comments:

Julie said...

Well done capturing the wren, what a funny home she had made.

Rachel said...

Yes, you definitely need to keep those frogs away from your stitching, although I suspect with the pond so close to your cabin you may see more of them! Glad you had a good weekend in your little house. I take it you don't miss the tent at all?! :)

Carol said...

Oh, my goodness! How cute is that sweet little wren!! Such a great photo, Katie. I can tell how much you are enjoying cabin life and I hope you have wonderful weather for the summer :)

Faith... said...

What a cute little wren and I love right where he decided to nest.

You got in lots on Wish Upon a Starfish and a good beginning on your new start!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice work on the Starfish, you'll finish that in no time.
The wren is so tiny and cute, your patience paid off!

Astrids dragon said...

Great progress on the starfish, you'll be done in no time!
I'm glad you had a good time at the cabin, I love the little wren peeking out. And that darn frog better stay where it is!